• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flu/H1N1 Shot

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We all got the spray a few weeks ago. Maybe coincidental, but almost everybody got knocked on their ass afterwards for 24 to 96 hours. Not 'flulike' symptoms really, just totally wiped out. I felt like I was operating on about 3 hrs' sleep no matter how much sleep I'd actually had.

No matter what the instruction says, I wouldn't have felt comfortable going flying with all that going on.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I got the spray yesterday. No ill effects. Had the spray last year too, again to no ill effect. I also didn't get the flu last year. This lone anecdote obviously proves that vaccines are completely effective and you should get one now. (smiles)

Also, if I hear one more dude talking about mercury in vaccines, a.k.a. Thimerosal, I'm gonna lose it. Ethylmercury is not methylmercury, and that doc on Fox News is fear-mongering for conflating the two.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
We all got the spray a few weeks ago. Maybe coincidental, but almost everybody got knocked on their ass afterwards for 24 to 96 hours. Not 'flulike' symptoms really, just totally wiped out. I felt like I was operating on about 3 hrs' sleep no matter how much sleep I'd actually had.

No matter what the instruction says, I wouldn't have felt comfortable going flying with all that going on.

That's why when you fill out the questionnaire and you get to the question:

"Will you be participating in dive or flight operations in the next 72 hours?"

You answer YES. Get the shot. F the spray. Move on with your life.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
A/B Pool over here all got the normal one a few weeks ago.

Is there a way out of the H1N1 one? I would like to hear about that...they'll be getting around to giving that one to us soon, too...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there a way out of the H1N1 one? I would like to hear about that...they'll be getting around to giving that one to us soon, too...

If it is made mandatory by the Navy then you are shit out of luck unless you have a medical or administrative reason not to get poked, as HH-60 has already pointed out for the regular flu shot. I hope you like needles! What's your problem with it anyways?

P.S. Dr. Kent Holtorf does hormone replacement therapy, I think I'll take the CDC's expertise over his.

gotta_fly

pilot
Dear Flu Shot,
Thanks for killer hangover-like symptoms this morning.
Sincerely,
Cranky in Corpus

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor