• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flooding In the South Going to Affect Navy OCS Applications

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was submitting some stuff at my NRD with my OR yesterday. He had a picture showing the entire Millington campus underwater. He didn't seem to think it was going to really have a big effect on the recruiting process though.

Huh? He needs to check the news...

web_100506-N-5862D-005.jpg

100506-N-5862D-005 MILLINGTON, Tenn. (May 6, 2010) Chief Petty Officer Kevin Kaul piles waterlogged paperwork and other items that were damaged by floodwaters at the Navy Recruiting Command storage annex. The Navy Recruiting Command headquarters staff and other units aboard Naval Spoort Activity Mid-South began the business of cleaning up buildings after damage sustained from flooding May 1 and 2. Two days of rain dumped more than 14 inches in the area, causing a levee to become overrun, flooding the base and surrounding community. (U.S. Navy photo by Chris Desmond/Released)

markkyle66

I was expecting atleast some hang-ups in getting orders to OCS because of the unfortunate flooding up there. But I spoke with my NRD processor today after giving him my transcripts and was suprised to be told I'd have them within the week and to line up my travel arrangements. He said something along the lines of the BDCP/stipend types are more of an ordeal because alot of that is "done" up in Millington as far as getting their orders anyways. However he could handle the direct accession guy's orders hisself.

Anyways I have no idea of how this all works. Just thought it may be interesting to those in the final stages of the waiting game.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Just got word back from my OR that my ASTB scores are delayed because of the flooding. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sucks to be kept in waiting but not a big deal when compared to all those that have been affected by the flooding.

So for now, just sitting with fingers crossed for good scores in my future.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Just got word back from my OR that my ASTB scores are delayed because of the flooding. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sucks to be kept in waiting but not a big deal when compared to all those that have been affected by the flooding.

So for now, just sitting with fingers crossed for good scores in my future.

Jolly, I'm assuming you took the paper version of the exam?

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
I think Navy.mil meant to say FY-11 O-4 Staff board delayed. Board was to convene 5/11. The FY-11 O-4 line Board has already reported out and results now sit in CHNAVPERS court.

Thanks for the clarification Chief.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
I was expecting atleast some hang-ups in getting orders to OCS because of the unfortunate flooding up there. But I spoke with my NRD processor today after giving him my transcripts and was suprised to be told I'd have them within the week and to line up my travel arrangements. He said something along the lines of the BDCP/stipend types are more of an ordeal because alot of that is "done" up in Millington as far as getting their orders anyways. However he could handle the direct accession guy's orders hisself.

Anyways I have no idea of how this all works. Just thought it may be interesting to those in the final stages of the waiting game.

MarkKyle --

When did you receive your FS? I am awaiting a FS but, as previously mentioned, was awaiting a final decision regarding whether or not I would receive an SNA/SNFO slot or SWO after being asked if I could make the 30MAY reporting date.

Do you also know, or does anyone else know, if the overall program management for SWO also encompasses aviation? I was told this was another reason why I couldn't get some immediate clarification since the same program management organization oversees both surface and aviation.

I guess this makes sense since there is one board for these three designators for OCS applicants.

Thanks in advance for all answers.

AnonymousGuy

None
Is there anyone that we can call to check the status of Final Selection Letters/OCS slated dates? WIth stories of people "losing" their Pro-Rec's...I'm getting a little paranoid:/ Is this happening only to pilots, or to NFOs as well?

Any idea when Millington will be back up and running? I've been trying to call a Senior Chief that I know very well down there, but he's not been answering...so I'm assuming they are still shut down. He works in the FTS Program Manager's office.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
As for the flooding affecting real O-1s, RUMORINT says the last OCS class to graduate is just sitting in King Hall waiting for their orders. Standby to Standby!

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Frigatedoc at USNAVYOCS.com just said the May Boards are happening and that April AMDO stats are being released today.

markkyle66

MarkKyle --

When did you receive your FS? I am awaiting a FS but, as previously mentioned, was awaiting a final decision regarding whether or not I would receive an SNA/SNFO slot or SWO after being asked if I could make the 30MAY reporting date.

Do you also know, or does anyone else know, if the overall program management for SWO also encompasses aviation? I was told this was another reason why I couldn't get some immediate clarification since the same program management organization oversees both surface and aviation.

I guess this makes sense since there is one board for these three designators for OCS applicants.

Thanks in advance for all answers.

I was on the July 09 boards and recieved final select notice in Oct 09, so I was just waiting to graduate. You were on the August boards right? Sucks that they haven't settled on your designator by now. Especially with a 30MAY reporting date! But anyways, I don't know enough to say anything about how they may handle your case. What is your OR telling you about whether or not to expect making that class? Hopefully things will work out for you quickly.

jph

I just got off the phone with my OR, and he told me the May boards for aviation will be held as scheduled this month. He said there were some problems with the SWO boards though. However, he didn't elaborate, and he didn't tell me his source. So, just to be on the safe side, be cautiously optimistic with this news; I am at least.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
As for the flooding affecting real O-1s, RUMORINT says the last OCS class to graduate is just sitting in King Hall waiting for their orders. Standby to Standby!

I can confirm this too. I have a few friends in 14-10 whom are there waiting, impatiently, to leave Newport and get down to Pensacola.