• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Suits and NWUs?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Meh... there's a balance to be struck. Ultimately, Officers should be setting the example. Where I've seen this go awry is when certain CPOs don't fully understand the uniform regs in the first place. Flight suits are an anomaly.
My point is that khaki should be all on the same page about what's appropriate and what's petty, and if that's not flowing from the front office, something's wrong.

I mean, technically, shit-hot flight suits, patched-up Nomexes (if they even still do that now that Massif is a thing), Red Wings, Service Dress Aviator, etc. are all verboten according to the letter of the law.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Just wear a black backpack. If it’s not of the tactical variety, just get one with minimal logos or learn to use a seam ripper to remove it. In general, a seam ripper or pointed knife can make a lot of things way easier. Cold and want to wear a watch cap that isn’t shitty gov issue wool? Carhartt beanie with no logo = improved.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My point is that khaki should be all on the same page about what's appropriate and what's petty, and if that's not flowing from the front office, something's wrong.

I have shaken my fist at the Goat Locker aplenty, but I'd say you haven't experienced all matters of CPO antics to make such a definitive statement. It's possible for the front office, officers, and even the Mess to be on the same page, but it's the one khaki problem child that makes it hard on everyone...and it took a long time, a lot of back-channel discussions, and lots of documentation to finally allow the front office to make the problem go away.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just wear a black backpack. If it’s not of the tactical variety, just get one with minimal logos or learn to use a seam ripper to remove it. In general, a seam ripper or pointed knife can make a lot of things way easier. Cold and want to wear a watch cap that isn’t shitty gov issue wool? Carhartt beanie with no logo = improved.

And don't spend $299 on a backpack, no matter how cool looking they are.

Reactions: IKE