• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Status for Mids

cga82

It is my understanding that 1/3 of each class has a corrective eye surgery in their junior yr. Are the Mids that have this eye surgery able to take pilot slots--Marine and Navy? What is the eye vision range that Mids get the surgery? thanks

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Just about anyone who wants it can have it while at the Academy, and yes they can then select pilot if their eyes are now within limits. The 1/3 statistic that you have is probably just because thats how many people generally have bad eyes and want the surgery. I don't believe there is a max number of PRK opportunities.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I doubt the 1/3 number is correct; only 35% of each class can have (known)eye problems. I say known since 2 plebes in my company showed up and found out they were color blind with certain colors. I don't know how it took 17,18 years to figure that one out, but it did.

Anyway, yeah, alot of people get the surgery. Alot of people who get the surgery get to go pilot/nfo. Don't make PRK the reason you come to the Academy.