• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Simulator

Rubiks06

pilot
i have a version of f-19 stealth fighter that someone posted on here a while back. You can play it on your regular pc now. Still as fun as i remember it being too.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
There is an open source flight sim calleed X Plane that is pretty amazing - google the term and you should be all set. There is an entire community built around the product -

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Favorite Simulator- IL2 Forgotten Battles with the Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters all merged together. (Nothing like taking Pacific Theater aircraft up against European aircraft).

Lock On: Modern Air Combat is the best jet simulator I have seen.

And lastly- Operation Flashpoint- amazing helicopters in there, and great environments to fly around. :)

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
I'd call that a flight simulator as much as I'd call Battlefield 1942 or Ace Combat a flight simulator.

Agreed. I just have never seen a flight simulator for helicopters that does a good job. Operation Flashpoint comes close. Most flight simulators set up with fixed wing aircraft in mind and bring the helicopter in as an add on to that original programming, so the handling sucks. Operation Flashpoint at least has good terrain to fly around.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I remember Jetfighter III being alot of fun back when I was in middle school. I seldom have time anymore, but the only I occasionally load up is Falcon 4.0. If you don't have a lot of time to devote to learning the game though, pick up something that doesn't require such an effort to be able to enjoy.

T37Driver

Lone Warrior
During college I was pretty hardcore into Falcon 4.0, IL-2 Series; etc....
During Flight School, I managed to squeeze a few hours in (per week mind you) for LoMAC and FS2004.
Just recently upgraded my PC with X1900XTX graphics card, 2GB Ram, Duo-Core 2.5G processor, a fast 15,000RPM hd, and even a sound card. On full graphics setting on FS2004 and a 1600X1200 resolution...still pulling over a hundred FPS. Can't wait for the new FSX to come out next month.

LOL, I always thought that once I actually start flying, I wouldn't care much for simulators but guess I was wrong.

Coota0

None
Agreed. I just have never seen a flight simulator for helicopters that does a good job. Operation Flashpoint comes close. Most flight simulators set up with fixed wing aircraft in mind and bring the helicopter in as an add on to that original programming, so the handling sucks. Operation Flashpoint at least has good terrain to fly around.

Maybe this will be nice, it only has helos...

http://www.gamingexcellence.com/pc/games/583/preview.shtml

http://www.g5software.com/Non-Shocked/product-wv.htm

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Hard to model and fly on a flat screen. Some are better than others out there, but yeah, most aren't too hot.