• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School.... Where to live?

USMCfam3

Anyone have any advice on living in Gulf Breeze as an "in between" NASP and Whiting? I have heard taking the toll bridge to Whiting can get expensive... but there are a lot of really nice homes for rent down there for pretty cheap too.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Gulf Breeze ...yeah cause it 30+ mins to NAS Pcola and 45 mins to NAS Whitting, besides that it is great... I guess. I forgot the 3.50$ toll each way across the bridge, but if you cross it more than 30 times a month they cut you a break if you have the fast pass. Did I forget to mention the briefs at Primary can kick at 5:03 am; you do the math backwards to figure out when you need to get up.

I live in Pea Ridge (between Pace and Milton) of Hwy 90, 35mins to NAS pcola and 12 miles to whitting field about 15-18 mins, my wife loves it and only 15 mins to Cordova mall area.

O yeah Gulf breeze really is not "in between" unless you mean like “not in a straight line" or like how Texas is "in between" California and Minnesota.

"The Brick"

The Brick
pilot
looking for a roomate...

For those interested I am currently looking for one or two roomates. I'm in a 4 bed 2 bath house off of Pine Forrest/Blue Angel Pkwy with a fellow roomate. Rent is 400 a month plus utilities...it's a sweet house, full garage. 50' flat screen w/ a killer surround sound. 20 mins to NAS Pensacola, 30-35 to Whiting...I as well as my roomie are currently in helo advanced at whiting and will be here for another 6 to 8 months....call 904.891.2853 or hit me up on here.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
If I decide to live near Pensacola initially (under the assumption that I will be stuck in the pool for > 6 months), will TMO move my stuff if I go to Whiting Field for Primary, or will I be doing the U-Haul move?

d3west86

I had a friend who ended up moving twice like that between API and Primary. The second move is on you since the Navy considers it a PCS to the Pensacola area (Whiting w/follow-on). It'll take a busy weekend with a u-haul and some friends to help, but it has been done.