• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School Orders

Draples

Hi all! I was just looking at my orders, and I'm set to detach from my stashed Ensign job 05 OCT 14, but I don't start IFS until 03 NOV 14. The orders don't say what, specifically, I'll be doing in the near month-long interim. Could anybody add some clarification to all this? The pertinent excerpt from my orders is below. Specifically I was wondering what I'm supposed to be doing during the part in red:

AND WHEN DIRECTED, DETACH. EDD: 05 OCT 14
------- INTERMEDIATE (02) ACTIVITY /M/ -------
REPORT IN OCT 14 EDA: 10 OCT 14
TO STU NAVAVSCOLSCOM PENSACOLA FL UIC: 42129
FOR TEMPORARY DUTY IN A FLYING STATUS INVOLVING ACC: 350
FLYING
FOR APPROXIMATELY 24 DAY/S/
- PERSONNEL ACCOUNTING SUPPORT: PERSUPPDET PENSACOLA
UIC: 43081
UPON COMPLETION OF TEMPORARY DUTY IN A FLYING STATUS INVOLVING
FLYING
AND WHEN DIRECTED, DETACH. EDD: 02 NOV 14
- REPORT NOT LATER THAN 0730 10-OCT-2014.

------- INTERMEDIATE (02) ACTIVITY /M/ -------
REPORT NET 01 NOV 14 BUT NLT 03 NOV 14 EDA: 03 NOV 14
TO STU NAVAVSCOLSCOM PENSACOLA FL UIC: 42129
FOR TEMPORARY DUTY UNDER INSTRUCTION IN A FLYING ACC: 341
STATUS INVOLVING FLYING
FOR APPROXIMATELY 35 DAY/S/
- PERSONNEL ACCOUNTING SUPPORT: PERSUPPDET PENSACOLA
UIC: 43081
TO INCLUDE 35 DAY/S/ AT IFS

Draples

Thanks in advance for the input! I just wanted to add that I'm taking care of a sick family member who lives near where I'm stashed, and I would like to put off going down to IFS as long as possible.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You'll be stashed in the pool of studs at Schools Command (same place you'll be attached to for IFS). What you will do will depend on the cat wrangler who runs A-Pool. It's basically just an administrative way to get you there before you're actually supposed to be there.