• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School Attrition

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Are they considering DOR and NPQ part of attrites?

Keep in mind, different people keep different accounting methods. They're all "attrition," in some form or another, which to a bean counter who tracks bodies going in vs. going out is only concerned with. That same bean counter needs to be able to see x coming in, y coming out, and z still in service 6 years from now. Then they can adjust x accordingly.

As for the squadron level (and maybe even Wing), I'm guessing no, "they" don't count it all as one category.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....As for the squadron level (and maybe even Wing), I'm guessing no, "they" don't count it all as one category.
It didn't matter what the reason was for "disappearing" STUDs back-in-the-day .... all that mattered to the Commodore was how many STUDs do we have on board -- from Pensacola to Texas -- and how many are we completing this month???:eek:

If he liked the answer, we got the weekends off. If he didn't like the answer, we'd fly 7 days a week until he did like the answer. :)

pdx

HSM Pilot
It didn't matter what the reason was for "disappearing" STUDs back-in-the-day .... all that mattered to the Commodore was how many STUDs do we have on board -- from Pensacola to Texas -- and how many are we completing this month???:eek:

If he liked the answer, we got the weekends off. If he didn't like the answer, we'd fly 7 days a week until he did like the answer. :)

I'm thankful we are on track to meet helo pilot production. No flying on Sundays for us. At least not until Oct (maybe not even then).

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I'm thankful we are on track to meet helo pilot production. No flying on Sundays for us. At least not until Oct (maybe not even then).

Enjoy it man. I flew 4 Sundays in a row towards the end. Even got written up by the Pcola Airport Police one weekend.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I have a friend who has been med up since graduation in May...of 2005. He just finished week 3 of API. Think thats what...62 weeks?

How does that happen...seriously? I mean I can see maybe getting 6 months behind or so but 18?? :party_125 HOOOOORAY NAVY!

pdx

HSM Pilot
I have a friend who has been med up since graduation in May...of 2005. He just finished week 3 of API. Think thats what...62 weeks?

How does that happen...seriously? I mean I can see maybe getting 6 months behind or so but 18?? :party_125 HOOOOORAY NAVY!

I commissioned in April of 2005, and I am a few months from winging. Your buddy and I must have overlapped at some point. I don't remember seeing a backlog like that, is there more to the story? Also, I have a roommate that checked into A-pool about 2 1/2 months ago and he is starting survival training (week 5) now.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
commissioned in April of 2005, and I am a few months from winging. Your buddy and I must have overlapped at some point. I don't remember seeing a backlog like that, is there more to the story?

Nope. Well sd far as I know there isn't. He's just a straight up...normal NFO.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Were you the most junior officer in the squadron when you showed up? If so, how was the experience - good, bad, neutral?

I was an Ensign halfway through the RAG, but I wasn't the only one. There just wasn't that much wait in the pipeline for NFOs at the time. My timing in my fleet squadron worked out nicely as well, as there was a fairly long gap ahead of me in terms of seniority which allowed me to get two sweet ticket punching EP FITREPs. Nevertheless, I am fairly junior in the big picture sense and it would have affected me had my current orders not put me out of the running for a Super-JO tour, as I'm out of NATOPS qual and there are other weps school guys already in qual to fill those billets in my community. So, bottom line, it might have limited disassociated tour order options for other guys, but not so much in my case.

Brett

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Nope. Well sd far as I know there isn't. He's just a straight up...normal NFO.

Sounds weird...my buddy commissioned this past May and finishes API in three weeks.

As for attrition, it seems pretty steady on the SNFO side of the house. Lots of folkes have attrited in the past month or so...maybe 7 or 8 that I can think of off hand. Most were just not up to snuff. Two did it with literally one or two flights left to wing. Not many in VT-86 seem to leave just because...it's usually that they can't hack.

As for me, two flights until I wing so...fingers crossed. Seriously.