• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Scheduling

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Schedule your own aircraft spammer, we have an Operations Department that handles it......

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
One of our schedulers down @ Big Idiot had the last name of "Hurt" ... this was before the days of computer generated SKEDS ...

He lived up to his name every friggin' month ... :)

Flugelman

Contributor
Heh... I wrote the flight schedule/watch list as the Ops Chief for a twelve crew/nine aircraft VP back before the advent of any kind of personal computer. It was a ball buster and between myself and the Maintenance Chief we usually had a final copy done and signed by the Ops O by 6 pm. I had little patience for the "My Wife She/My Dog It" whiners but would make allowances when really needed. I had a good Ops O who backed me up and a good Maint Chief who understood needing certain crew quals on a particular flight. All in all a very satisfying job.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Heh... I wrote the flight schedule/watch list as the Ops Chief for a twelve crew/nine aircraft VP back before the advent of any kind of personal computer. It was a ball buster and between myself and the Maintenance Chief we usually had a final copy done and signed by the Ops O by 6 pm. I had little patience for the "My Wife She/My Dog It" whiners but would make allowances when really needed. I had a good Ops O who backed me up and a good Maint Chief who understood needing certain crew quals on a particular flight. All in all a very satisfying job.

Damn, good on ya! When I was a skeds-O, our skipper would drop by at noon going "where's the sked, gents?" .... "Skipper, we COULD have the sked to you by noon every day, but we'd have about 5 pen and ink changes for you by 5pm".

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Damn, good on ya! When I was a skeds-O, our skipper would drop by at noon going "where's the sked, gents?" .... "Skipper, we COULD have the sked to you by noon every day, but we'd have about 5 pen and ink changes for you by 5pm".
I wrote the sked on a CV and strike ops would make changes up to 1800 or 1900. Some nights, much later. Then, after covering the bases in my own squadron I was lucky to have the thing to the CO by 2000. Some nights I woke him up at 2300. I would go weeks without seeing a Ready Room movie.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I wrote the sked on a CV and strike ops would make changes up to 1800 or 1900. Some nights, much later. Then, after covering the bases in my own squadron I was lucky to have the thing to the CO by 2000. Some nights I woke him up at 2300. I would go weeks without seeing a Ready Room movie.

It was even more fun staying up late at night on a small boy waiting for the ATO message to come out and make sure that my detachment schedule wasn't completely F'ed up. It got better once I got better at betting how well the next day's ATO would match my 24-72hr requests/predictions/random-ass-guesses sent in the previous morning... and then get a reasonable schedule/shot in the dark/house of cards signed by evening chow and the ops-intel brief... or something like that. :)

And the det OIC and the shoe CO/XO were usually supportive (on this point anyway).