• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight physical

ebm14b

Im currently at a NROTC unit and will commission in May. I just picked up an NFO slot and will be going to my flight physical in Pensacola in the next month or so. Im worried about my height weight though. I’m far under the ejection seat max but I’m technically over for my height. Although, when I get roped and choked, I always pass. I’m worried I’m going to get someone that takes weird measurements or something and I get flagged for being over. Can I get DQ’ed for being over height/weight? I’m working on bringing my weight down so I don’t have to be roped at all but unfortunately it’s a process and time is not on my side. Thanks in advance.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You’re conflating two different things. Your PFA height-weight has nothing to do with anthros.

That being said - don’t be out of standards for your PFA. Looks bad for an officer to fail and you can and will get a pink sheet for failing PFAs or the in-test (chip trail run) at NASC, so don’t drop the gym routine when you’ve graduated.

Anthros are a different thing. They’re about whethe you fit the safe operating envelope for ejection seats. Don’t try to game them; they’re for your safety and you’re far more likely to screw yourself than pull one over on the Man.

ebm14b

Thanks! I didn’t know if it mattered for anthros. I’ll be under height weight standards well before I commission at this rate but not before the physical. I plan to keep the same workout regimen after that. Thank you!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Im currently at a NROTC unit and will commission in May. I just picked up an NFO slot and will be going to my flight physical in Pensacola in the next month or so. Im worried about my height weight though. I’m far under the ejection seat max but I’m technically over for my height. Although, when I get roped and choked, I always pass. I’m worried I’m going to get someone that takes weird measurements or something and I get flagged for being over. Can I get DQ’ed for being over height/weight? I’m working on bringing my weight down so I don’t have to be roped at all but unfortunately it’s a process and time is not on my side. Thanks in advance.

Dude, high protein low carb diet for two weeks will lose you 10 lbs at least, I promise. You drink only water. You eat fish or chicken every meal. Leafy greens or any other vegetables every meal. Spinach and kale are the best. The protein will fill you up so you aren't hungry. The diet is monotonous but it works. I did it in CENTCOM for a month and lost 21 pounds without being hungry. You'll be bored of your food,but happy with the results. You throw in some cardio, and that fat falls off even faster. The key is keeping your carbs down to around 40-60 grams per day. Good luck.