• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical

kirtap

First of all, I tried the search and it came back pretty unsuccessfully. My question is simple; what are the requirements for the flight physical. I passed the initial physical for the NROTC program, so what additional things must I pass to be flight qualified?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fletch_1146345835.jpg

"Moon River......Whew...ever serve time, Doc? Yeah...breathe easy... Ahh!! Using the whole fist, Doc?!"

Let's just say it can be comprehensive. :eek:

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Yeah you're about to get the icy hands of the flight surgeon all over you...:eek:

*shudder*

They run all kinds of stuff beyond the initial NROTC one, there are lots of aviation specific requirements.

Try this.

Rg9

pilot
First of all, I tried the search and it came back pretty unsuccessfully. My question is simple; what are the requirements for the flight physical. I passed the initial physical for the NROTC program, so what additional things must I pass to be flight qualified?
Good eyes, hearing (might be required for commissioning anyway), and meet anthro requirements. That should cover most of the differences. Do you have specific concerns?

kirtap

I do have two screws in my feet, but I had them before my initial physical and they were cleared. I asked about them on here before and was told they would be okay. I was told my vision is 20/20 and my hearing is perfect. I was just wondering because you always hear stories of Mids going all the way through NROTC with the hopes of becoming pilot, only to find out that they are medically disqualified.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everyone headed to Pensacola is afraid of the "NAMI WHAMMY." Don't sweat it....

-ea6bflyr

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I do have two screws in my feet, but I had them before my initial physical and they were cleared. I asked about them on here before and was told they would be okay. I was told my vision is 20/20 and my hearing is perfect. I was just wondering because you always hear stories of Mids going all the way through NROTC with the hopes of becoming pilot, only to find out that they are medically disqualified.

So you become something else...jesus, don't join the Navy just to be a pilot. Sure, we're the shit and that should be your first choice, but if it don't work, it don't work. You can find plenty on that search...

Your actual commissioning physical will be a flight qualification one which won't happen for 4 more years...so pass the ASTB first and then worry about the physical.

From a guy who has a metal staple in his heart, I was only disqualified from EA-6Bs because of my femur length. You never know.

Good luck. Don't fvck it away.

~D