• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Don't sweat your flight physical. It's not like you can prepare for it. A note regarding cavities: if you can, have them taken care of before you go down there. The doc made a bunch of noise about getting them taken care of/having to fly back down to have your yuckmouth rechecked. It's just a hastle.

Oh, make sure you walk with a copy of your physical. I didn't, and now NOMI can't find mine. I have my chit signed by the flight surgeon that says I'm cleared hot. However, it's not enough. I might have a bit of a delay...

ip568

None
Bp

The Navy flight physical sets the standard for counterproductivity. If your blood pressure is above 140/90, you are immediately grounded. If it stays above that, you lose your wings. Of course, they tell you that when you show up to take your FP. I fought this miserable battle every year after I turned 35 (and was in the Reserves by then). The Navy will not allow most blood pressure meds (if at all), so no help there. This leaves you to climb ever higher levels of panic in the month before your FP (we had to have one every year back when). By the day of my physical my BP would be off the chart, requiring a BP screening of at least three other BP readings. I usually made it because outside of the flight surgeon's tender mercies my BP would go back down.

Then, the *******s started taking your BP when you went to a Navy dentist. I made this mistake once on AT when I broke a tooth. I hate dentists. I am afraid of dentists. So, when he took my BP in his chair it was so high he immediately sent me to the flight surgeon for treatment. This resulted in my having to sit in a room for the next seven hours while my BP was taken every 30 minutes. I must have been getting really tired because it finally dropped below 140/90. They sent a medigram with me when I went back to my Reserve unit, as a special gift.

Other than that, a FP is no sweat!