• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical Insight

Stayafloat

Professional API Student
What are the chest xrays for? Just returned from MEPS, pro rec'd NFO and had minor Pectus Excavatum, where my chest is just slightly curved in. Xrays at MEPS didn't show a problem, but is that a flight problem?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
What are the chest xrays for? Just returned from MEPS, pro rec'd NFO and had minor Pectus Excavatum, where my chest is just slightly curved in. Xrays at MEPS didn't show a problem, but is that a flight problem?

Xrays = looking for abnormalities.

Pectus Excavatum = Latin for hollow chest....not normally a problem, 'specially since it is noted as minor. In some cases the condition can inhibit normal cariac and respiratory functionality...then, for obvious reasons, it becomes a problem.

Stayafloat

Professional API Student
Thanks so much Feddoc. The MEPS CMO noted it was minor-mild, I wasn't even aware it was a problem before. She said a Haller Index of 3 was DQ worthy, and I didn't fail so must have been good. Just worried about NFO requirements for it.

Thanks again!

KW83

I checked that earlier, doesn't note anything about it. Was hoping someone else has had it or had some inside knowledge.

I should have noted that I was trying to help out the original poster (my apologies) but since you asked...

You stated it doesn't say anything about it (Chest X-rays). So I thought...hmm, maybe it doesn't. However, the link has, like I said, more info than you need. I used the site's own search link and typed X Ray and found several reasons why they do chest X rays. Try it. Shoot, I even searched for pectus excavatum and found out that information as well. Try harder next time.

And as for the link I posted earlier, it addresses supplements as well.

Stayafloat

Professional API Student
I should have noted that I was trying to help out the original poster (my apologies) but since you asked...

You stated it doesn't say anything about it (Chest X-rays). So I thought...hmm, maybe it doesn't. However, the link has, like I said, more info than you need. I used the site's own search link and typed X Ray and found several reasons why they do chest X rays. Try it. Shoot, I even searched for pectus excavatum and found out that information as well. Try harder next time.

And as for the link I posted earlier, it addresses supplements as well.

I've read the document it links too, as I understood it the document was for all medical physicals, was looking for a bit more on the aviation side. Just asked for some clarifications. Appreciate your help.