• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Contract trouble with ADD/ADHD??

Airyk17

dang, I'm supposed 2 see a doc for my NROTC physical the 25th I've filled out the medical eval, and i've put down the broke wrist in 8th grade football(perfectly fine now 4wks in hard cast) the broken middle finger at like age 6 (finger splint for 3wks) and the acutane for mild acne (three months) i figured its better 2 be truth full than they notice it and say something... or maybe i'm to inocent about the navy still?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't worry about the bones. I broke my wrist in 7th grade. It sent alarm bells off, why I don't know, as it's a common occurrence. Once I was "interviewed" about the injury, the guy (I think it was a corpsman) said, "Oh, okay." And I was done.

trongod46

pilot
if you no longer take any of the meds, and you feel fine, dont say a damn thing. its hard enough to get in the door as it is

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
My roommate currently at TBS got his Air contract revoked even after successfully completing IFS for taking Ritalin over 12 years earlier. Needless to say he was not very happy about. He said somewhere in his initial Meps physical he said he had taken the drug, and still got qualified, went to OCS, then did IFS before picking up with A co. In week 4 they told him he was now ground and lost his air contract.

happycolt

hopefull aviator!
This may be a stupid question but how the hell do they find out about meds you took a decade ago?

When you submit your complete medical history, I believe that includes documentation from a decade ago. I would double check on that though

(maybe I just keep/have very detailed records?)

Topper Harley

Good NEWS everyone!
Just a little off topic but when the OR asks about drug history and you have only tried marjuiana twice like 7 years ago when you were 16, should you say yes. I don't want that to be a disqualifying remark when it was so long ago and I haven't tried it since. Thank you for your help :)

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Just a little off topic but when the OR asks about drug history and you have only tried marjuiana twice like 7 years ago when you were 16, should you say yes. I don't want that to be a disqualifying remark when it was so long ago and I haven't tried it since. Thank you for your help :)

So you are asking if you should lie? It probably would not disqualify you but where will you draw the line?

What does it say about you that you would lie about something just to avoid the correct but harder path?

Waivers are there for a reason. So the Docs can evaluate the risk of accepting your past. It isn't up to you to determine if you are a risk.

Don't start down that road Topper. You may not make it back.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys, just like most of the people here, especially in this section, I plan on becoming an aviator in the USMC. Anyways, in a drunken haze last night I remember running into someone last night with the same interest. I remembered them saying something about having a hard time getting a flight contract for OCS because they had been diagnosed ADD or ADHD during their early years. Long story short, so was I. Don't remember which of the two it was, but..... does anyone know anything about this? They mentioned that they needed a waiver of some sorts. I'm doing my best to soak up as much information on the subject of becoming a USMC aviator, but have not run across this question in particular.

N+O=Naval Opportunity...

Topper Harley

Good NEWS everyone!
So you are asking if you should lie? It probably would not disqualify you but where will you draw the line?

What does it say about you that you would lie about something just to avoid the correct but harder path?

Waivers are there for a reason. So the Docs can evaluate the risk of accepting your past. It isn't up to you to determine if you are a risk.

Don't start down that road Topper. You may not make it back.

I completely agree. I wouldn't take pleasure in lying but I didn't want to ruin my dream because of a stupid mistake I made at 16. I thank you for the sound gouge FlyBoyd. I'll definitely tell the truth.

ASCzero

Q: 1.when do you submit a complete medical history?
2.I am applying for BDCP and I am allergic to shellfish(or at least I was when I was four years old, which was the last time I had a reaction) is that something I should be concerned about?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
1. During your physical
2. Yes, it would pay you to get tested to see if you are still allergic to shellfish.

Dominoes

I'm curious why people who are advocating not to disclose can get around this. Wouldn't they look at your records, and determine you're lying and were diagnosed with ADD/took meds instantly?