• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleet Week

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Awesome. My husband's ship participated there and so we spent a good deal of time walking around and watching the show from various vantage points throughout the weekend. Incredible trip.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I had the chance to go to SF's Fleet Week in 2007 while I was in the RAG. We rode as pax on a cross country to Moffett. It was a hell of a good time. We spent Saturday drinking our way across San Francisco from brewpub to brewpub ending up at the airshow. To be honest, I don't remember much of the show. I do remember plenty of people buying us drinks...lots of them. The next day we ended up watching the Blues from the Golden Gate. Really cool place to watch an airshow from. If anyone here has the chance to go, I highly recommend it.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Kow-aka Spanky-

No kidding. Your demo was so far from Ft. Mason that I struggled to get decent photos of you. I just dug in my archives and I found some shots from Friday and Saturday 2008. In fact its probably been 20 years since the demo was done at an acceptable distance from SF Municipal Pier. I took these photos from the center pier at Ft Mason.
Enjoy. PM me if you want any of the original photos.

Friday 2008 SFFW (Swimmer during his entry into the water):

img2665hh65diver7x9frid.jpg

Saturday 2008 SFFW:

img3128saturday2008sffw.jpg

Fat Albert 2008 SFFW:

img2877fridayfaggbsf200.jpg

exNavyOffRec

I had the chance to go to SF's Fleet Week in 2007 while I was in the RAG. We rode as pax on a cross country to Moffett. It was a hell of a good time. We spent Saturday drinking our way across San Francisco from brewpub to brewpub ending up at the airshow. To be honest, I don't remember much of the show. I do remember plenty of people buying us drinks...lots of them. The next day we ended up watching the Blues from the Golden Gate. Really cool place to watch an airshow from. If anyone here has the chance to go, I highly recommend it.

I have been to fleet week twice, the last was a great time, a bunch of us were walking around after an official function, we were invited into randam houses for drinks, one party after another, pictures for other random people in the street, finally back to the ship about 3 am for the 07-13 watch, which as my luck would have it was followed by casualty response about 30 minutes after my watch ended.

A great event to be at.