• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleet Week, New York style

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Maybe I'm missing something here......why can't they land at LGA?

The irony of Osprey pilots having to catch a ride with a Phrog is worth it, I suppose.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
I'm from NYC so I was there!
4265_1103942331469_1614060004_247705_226508_n.jpg

I went to the ship parade on Wednesday on the Hudson, then sold my Yankee tickets to some sailors and peaced out of the city. Fleet Week can get a little questionable if you're a 22-year-old female with Navy career aspirations! I found out I got pro-rec'd for SWO while I was watching a DDG ship go by, which was kind of awesome.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm from NYC so I was there!
4265_1103942331469_1614060004_247705_226508_n.jpg

I went to the ship parade on Wednesday on the Hudson, then sold my Yankee tickets to some sailors and peaced out of the city. Fleet Week can get a little questionable if you're a 22-year-old female with Navy career aspirations! I found out I got pro-rec'd for SWO while I was watching a DDG ship go by, which was kind of awesome.

You're joining Her Majesty's Canadian Forces?!

P.S. That is an Canadian Iroquois-class DDG behind you ;).

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
It gets better. One of the Ospreys is going to fly over the Mets game, and we'll be at Teterboro to pick the crew up and fly them over to Laguardia so they can stand at Shea Stadium and wave and be on the big jumbotron. Then they have to drive back to Secaucus and change into an appropriate uniform...

Shea stadium is now a parking lot. :D The Met's new park is Citi Field.

anghockey

You're joining Her Majesty's Canadian Forces?!

P.S. That is an Canadian Iroquois-class DDG behind you ;).

I know. I got a pic of some of a few USS's but for whatever reason they were on the Jersey side of the river and didn't come out as well. I heard Canada was disbanding her Navy. Any truth in that?

anghockey

HAHAHAHAHAH Hal I just snarfed the Snapple I was drinking. I promise to never become an old grouchy librarian. Eeeeew.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know. I got a pic of some of a few USS's but for whatever reason they were on the Jersey side of the river and didn't come out as well. I heard Canada was disbanding her Navy. Any truth in that?

Canada does not have a separate navy, air force or army. Technically they are all part of the unified 'Canadian Armed Forces' and all part of one big happy family. When they first switched to that in 1968 they all wore the same uniforms and ranks but have since gone back towards more traditional uniforms for the different components, ranks too for the naval component.

So technically no Royal Canadian Navy but they still have ships and will continue to have them for some time.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Plebe year fleet week: Awesome
Soph: Out to sea
Jr: Went home... DOH!
Sr: Mando study and muster for license. Instead it was 40's in the park... weak.

Fleet week in NYC is no joke.