• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fishing in pensacola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogi

I'm looking for a great place to take my wife fishing in the Pensacola area. Just freshwater stuff, small lakes or large ponds that have plenty of sunfish or something where we can fish from shore.
captain_125.gif

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
salt water fishing is great!! you haven't lived until you've made the mistake of putting your finger inside the mouth of a blue-fish trying to retrieve your hook! :)

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Well, you've got the blackwater river -- but since you're looking for ponds or lakes --- the closest lakes I know of are Hurricane and Bear lakes (all up north -- you'll learn to reference them as the western border of Area 2). There are small ponds all over. Matter of fact I live next to one small lake and probably 4 med/large ponds in Northern Pensacola. You must try the saltwater fishing though!

grouch

Freshy eh? Screw that...I had a ball fishing the flats right on base. The water was just starting to warm up and the reds were cruizing around for crab and bait. Whoohoo some big fish! The trout were unreal...real rod breakers. Right on base, no boat needed and good times had by all. Look into it. I miss it, wanna go back.

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
I do my fishing at Joe Patti's...
icon_smile_wink.gif

An elite group of Girl Scouts armed with wiffle bats has just been deployed to France. Unconditional surrender is expected within 24 hours.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Try lake Frederick on base, I caught some nice small mouth there. They usually are hitting pretty good from lack of use. I hardly ever see anyone there.

Status
Not open for further replies.