• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First US moon landing in 50 yrs?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. Can you give this a little more context for those of us who aren't watching CNN?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. Can you give this a little more context for those of us who aren't watching CNN?
First of at least 3 robotic lunar landing missions by Intuitive Machines as part of NASA's Commercial Lunar Payload Services (CLPS) Program. The lunar lander, named Odysseus, will fly 6 payloads for NASA and several others for commercial companies to near Malapert. A crater near the Moon's south pole.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Mild thread jack for the sake of a humorous anecdote…way back in 1980 I was a young enlisted Marine taking night classes at a nearby university. On leaving class and walking across the quad I saw several students crying, weeping, and generally carrying on, so, I asked what was going on…”Lennon is dead,” one wept, and I looked at her curiously, and responded, “Yeah, Lenin died in 1924.”

It goes without saying that there was a failure to communicate that evening.

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Looks like they did it! Basically accomplishing what we already did in June of 1966.

Surveyor_diagram%28English_captions%29.jpg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I didn’t see any mention of an almighty Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch…WTFO???

For the record, I wore my almighty vintage 145.022-71 Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch to VFW Post 1042’s band night tonight…to eat Tombstone Pizza and to see if I could keep up with the band’s drummer with my official School of Rock sticks and newly acquired Eastrock practice pad…

IMG_3383.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
You’re supposed to be looking at my almighty vintage 145.022-71 Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch in post #11 of this thread.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I just finished a 5 day rotation on Wednesday and the Riddler that I was flying with ‘casually mentioned’ that his alma mater was involved in this Moon landing…and of course, I then ‘casually mentioned’ that I have 4 Omega Speedmasters…

IMG_8162.jpeg