• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS First Unmanned Tanking

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
It seems to me, having never done it, that being the giver is easy. Fly a constant altitude and airspeed with oordinated turns. So easy a caveman could do it….

I’ll be more impressed when the drone is the taker.

Pags

N/A
pilot
It seems to me, having never done it, that being the giver is easy. Fly a constant altitude and airspeed with oordinated turns. So easy a caveman could do it….

I’ll be more impressed when the drone is the taker.
Already done by X-47.

The actual flying isn't hard from what I understand but the engineering that goes into the basket and response and interactions with the airframe and aerodynamics is where the challenge is.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Yawn. The harder part was already done 6 years ago. This isn't impressive.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I tried to figure out how there were two Paganellis on the same jet. Googling led me to believe they're memorial names of a father and son - father was a VFA dude; son died too early.
My neighbor was at the stick of the receiver, so I might ask.
Yeah, I was trying to figure that out as well but I'm not a Strike guy so I don't know the full background. The name has been on the jet for years and there's a Paganelli Leadership Award as well.