• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First Salute Silver Dollar

THRILLER

Anyone know of a good website that sells First Salute Silver Dollars?
I commission in about 9 weeks.

Peace,

THRILLER

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Are you looking for specifice silver dollars? If you are, then I don't know. If you are just looking for silver dollars, try a few local banks.

THRILLER

alabama_matt said:
Are you looking for specifice silver dollars? If you are, then I don't know. If you are just looking for silver dollars, try a few local banks.

I should have been a little more specific.
Actually, I'm looking for a special plaque that has a silver dollar on it. This way I can put the Airman's name that will be performing my first salute at commissioning.

I was just wondering if there are any website that specializes in custom first salute silver dollars.

If I have to, I'll just have one custom made here in town.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Peace,

THRILLER

d00002

Eisenhower Silver Dollars

This series of silver dollars are clad, that is, not 100% silver. Are these acceptable to use?? :confused:

Pags

N/A
pilot
Spend the cash and get yourself a SILVER dollar. A nice one. I had to go to a coin shop to get mine and pay a few bucks for it, but you only do it once, so do it right.
AE-Silver-Dollar-Front.jpg

http://american-eagles.com/american_silver_eagles.htm

2NFO's

The US MINT web site has some good silver dollars. I got one that came in a coin case along with some certificate. I'm sure you could go to a trophy shop to get a frame or case for it.

TheFurr7198

I got the Marine Corp silver dollar for my bro when he does my first salute, its a very nice coin. The other services have nice ones to

ELCID05

Thriller

You might want to try a hobby shop that deals with coin collectors. We went to a flea market when we got commisioned and there was a whole shop there dedicated the coin collecting. Might be worth a shot.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Banks may have them. Can't recall exactly where I got mine. It was either the bank or the trophy shop. I bought a nice display for the silver dollar so the guy could....well, display it.

Amy C

NAS Jacksonville
You can get a silver dollar from www.usmint.gov My dad collects coins & purchased a really nice one for my husband to give to his first salute. If you are in the USMC last year they had a commemorative silver dollar. It is about $69.95 online...but you can no longer get it from the mint you have to do a search or buy it from a coin shop.

Good luck.

A

KimberlyD

Thriller, if you're in P'Cola, PM me & you can just run over to the NMCRS office behind FFSC, I'll sell you the extra one we have (it was $15), it's just taking up space in my jewelry box.

d00002

I took the advics from PAGS and went to American Silver Eagles.com and spent around $15 plus shipping. It is a super looking coin.:icon_smil

Taz24th

Proud member of Class 903
Crap! I just got a silver dollar from the bank. Does it have to be a special silver dollar for the ceremony?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thisguy said:
This is what the Air Force uses:

czecho17.jpg

Fell out of my chair laughing...You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Thisguy again