• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First pg 11

Enrique

Hello Everybody,

I am a marine reservist and I just got my first page 11:icon_rage. Since I fail to accomplish one of my MCI's. According to the punishment I am not recommended for promotion to E-4 but, I am eligible in 30 days. I am planning into applying to OCS for the next summer session with seniors. Is this pg 11 is going to hurt me or prevent me from applying.

Thank you,

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
I think they reserve that page for bad things. Can't see how that would help you.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Since a few people are probably thinking it: How come you didn't do the MCI(s)? It's not like they're all that difficult. And as a recovering company commander, I don't think I've ever given anyone a pg11 entry for not doing an MCI. So, forgive the directness, but is it really because you didn't do the thing? Or, perhaps, did someone tell you specifically to do it, and you didn't.

MCIs are a pain, but they're a fact of life in the Corps. Not just for enlisted folks, either. My qualification as a Tactical Air Director in the DASC was held up for months because training lost the three MCIs listed as prerequisites for it.

Page 11 is the administrative remarks page, so not just bad stuff goes on there. Usually, though, it's where the not so good stuff goes, yeah. Was it 'just' a page 11 entry, or was it a 6105? You screwed up pretty badly if it's the latter.

Enrique

Just 11

Hi Papi!
There was 20 Marines who got the pg 11 with me, and we were all attention if front of GOD getting a big a.s.s.c.The reason why I got my pg 11 is because I submitted my test but, never got a test scores back. I mentioned it to my chain of command and nothing happen. The other two times I try to take the exam the Marine who gives the exams was not able sign me up. I have first class pft, cft, swim class, meritorious mast award, and other awards in my file, a degree and soon MS. Other Marines think I am over reacting since it was just an entry on my pg 11 sheet and not a NJP. I am reservist so things are not the same as active duty. I am looking forward to move on and become an officer. If I still can?

Since a few people are probably thinking it: How come you didn't do the MCI(s)? It's not like they're all that difficult. And as a recovering company commander, I don't think I've ever given anyone a pg11 entry for not doing an MCI. So, forgive the directness, but is it really because you didn't do the thing? Or, perhaps, did someone tell you specifically to do it, and you didn't.

MCIs are a pain, but they're a fact of life in the Corps. Not just for enlisted folks, either. My qualification as a Tactical Air Director in the DASC was held up for months because training lost the three MCIs listed as prerequisites for it.

Page 11 is the administrative remarks page, so not just bad stuff goes on there. Usually, though, it's where the not so good stuff goes, yeah. Was it 'just' a page 11 entry, or was it a 6105? You screwed up pretty badly if it's the latter.

KBayDog

Page 11 entries are administrative remarks. Nothing more.

Extended your contract? Page 11 entry.

Got issued a pair of boots (seriously, this happened)? Page 11 entry.

Non-recommended for promotion? Page 11 entry.

As long as your Page 12 (punishments) is clear, you've got nothing to worry about.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I was NJP'd as a Lance Corporal, should pick up 1st Lt next month...

No matter what, what's done is done. So nothing to do but suck it up and press. As far as impacting your shot at commissioning, no one here can tell you, so continue to do well and work with your OSO. Above all: Keep your head up, stop worrying, and oh yeah: Don't let it happen again!

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I spent a few years as the Legal O, and an SRB without any derogatory pg11's was few/far between indeed. Though I've never done ECP (or any similar programs), I'd imagine that a chain-of-command recommendation is required. In your case, I'd be more concerned with the CO's recommendation than a page-11 he wrote you.
And get those damn MCI's done!