• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First handgun

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try the SIG P229/P228 series if you're looking for something mid-size (P226 being a full-size duty pistol... ala same size Beretta 92FS). Also, the Glock 23 is a mid-size version of the Glock 22.

What model S&W was it?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Try the SIG P229/P228 series if you're looking for something mid-size (P226 being a full-size duty pistol... ala same size Beretta 92FS). Also, the Glock 23 is a mid-size version of the Glock 22.

What model S&W was it?

Definitely will vouch for the P229. I picked up a used one in .40 a couple months back as my first gun, absolutely love it. I look like Jack Bauer when I carry it, too....at least I tell myself that....

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot

What model S&W was it?

Will definitely vouch for the P229. 13 rounds of 9mm JHP, 1 in the pipe, I carry it everywhere. Recoil very light, making it excellent for double-taps and target transitions if (God forbid) you're dealing with multiple assailants. Shot hundreds of rounds through mine, not one jam yet. Fits great in an IWB holster.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
What model S&W was it?

He's got a Smith and Wesson 40 [I thought it was .40 but it was advertised as a 9mm--but I can't find a model 40 when researching it]

It had 40 engraved on the slide. But he was advertising it as a 9mm on the price tag. That's why I assumed it was a model 40, but I can't find that model when researching it on the web.

If memory serves me right, I can tell you it strongly resembled a 1911.

f18driver23

ParaOrdnance 1911s are nice (double stack!!!)...I'd never go with a Colt, their QC seems to be way down in comparison to other manufacturers these days.

My personal recommendation, though pricey, would be the FN Five seveN (look at those rounds!!):

eqmilitar104108_1.jpg

Very comfy

Own one of those. Pretty nice Gun. half the recoil of a 9mm

Tango

f18driver23

We have two .45 Kimber 1911's. That's all that my boyfriend buys now. He loves them!

Waste of money. My HK USP Tactical in .45acp out shoots the more expensive Kimber, and it is way cheaper than all Kimbers. Cant make a Model T handle better than a Farrari!!!

Tango