• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
beau said:
STJ-8 Retirer. Southwest (airlines) Transition Jet and the 8 for the max number of years the guy will stay in the Navy! and retirer speaks for itself :p

Perfect. Couldn't be any perfecter.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Main Entry: 1tri·ton
Pronunciation: 'trI-t&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from Greek TritOn
1 capitalized : a son of Poseidon described as a demigod of the sea with the lower part of his body like that of a fish
2 [New Latin, genus name, from Latin Triton] : any of various large marine gastropod mollusks (especially family Ranellidae) with a heavy elongated conical shell; also : the shell

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
zab1001 said:
Main Entry: 1tri·ton
Pronunciation: 'trI-t&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from Greek TritOn
1 capitalized : a son of Poseidon described as a demigod of the sea with the lower part of his body like that of a fish
2 [New Latin, genus name, from Latin Triton] : any of various large marine gastropod mollusks (especially family Ranellidae) with a heavy elongated conical shell; also : the shell

Sounds cool enough, do you think the brass will go for it?

Has anybody heard any scuttlebutt on what is actually being considered?

Super Hornet 88

Has an official nickname been found for the P-8 yet? I was searching and I haven't found anything pertaining to a nickname for it. Anybody got any suggestions on what to call it? I think Poseidon sounds cool.

-Dan

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has an official nickname been found for the P-8 yet? I was searching and I haven't found anything pertaining to a nickname for it. Anybody got any suggestions on what to call it? I think Poseidon sounds cool.

-Dan

Poseidon was an SLBM a few years ago, they may not want to duplicate the name.

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Fort/2261/poseidon.jpg

How about Shamu, it would make all the whale-huggers mad.....;) They even have a 737 painted like him already:

http://www.super70s.com/Super70s/Te...es/SouthwestShamu(AirNikon)A.N003129[320].jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anything II is teh ghey in my book, though not bad in keeping with the patrol theme.

Stubby

Ask the Chief
The P-8 still has no cool name other than MMA (Multi Mission Aircraft). They had a big "contest" a couple of years ago where all the P-3 squadrons had to come up with name suggestions. No winner was ever announced.

Boeing came to Jax the other day to show another conceptual presentation and show us the mobile simulator. It'll be a really cool plane, but it'll never be as dear to me as an Update II.5 from VP-19.

OneOddGuy

Mrs. Crossdressing USA 2003 and 2005
I think the pictures over at globalsecurity.org are great; I get a great laugh about seeing a Southwest Airlines 737 with weapons pylons. Knowing SWA, they might start using the P-8 to carry passengers, therefore getting paid twice as much for double duty.

Pictures