• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Trust me...what you just said is WAAAAY over the top for Aero I and II...cram, memorize, regurgitate. Keep it simple.

I was in the P-8 sim in Corpus about a year and change ago...course I couldn't fly then...wait...:D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry guys, my bad. I'll simplify and translate. Basically, it's saying that I'll be accepting booze in return for assistance with Aero I and Aero II in API.

Psshhtt...it's you smart bastards who wind up failing the Aero exams. Absorb and regurgitate, man, and forget what you learned in your fancy school. :icon_tong

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Psshhtt...it's you smart bastards who wind up failing the Aero exams. Absorb and regurgitate, man, and forget what you learned in your fancy school. :icon_tong
Sage advice.

Stud: "But wait, no! In grad school we learned that the lift equation was [fill in geekery here] so that's why I picked 'B' instead of 'C.'"

Instructor: "Great, Poindexter. Take another look at the answer key and see me after class." :icon_tong

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
sweeeeet. paint em up in southwest livery and BAM...instant stealth.

on that note, are they gonna paint these things Blast reflective white like the TACAMOs or will they be haze grey like the Papa Trece?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
sweeeeet. paint em up in southwest livery and BAM...instant stealth.

on that note, are they gonna paint these things Blast reflective white like the TACAMOs or will they be haze grey like the Papa Trece?

Hot pink - it's the new pig. Duh. :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like a MAD boom, wonder where the DF is going for the EPs?

They haven't picked the 737 for the EP replacement yet. I imagine it would have a leg up, but the competition for the replacement has has not been started yet.

As for antennas, they will just do they normally do, just add some funny looking bulges and random looking wires. ;)

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
They haven't picked the 737 for the EP replacement yet. I imagine it would have a leg up, but the competition for the replacement has has not been started yet.

As for antennas, they will just do they normally do, just add some funny looking bulges and random looking wires. ;)

Pretty sure the primary KPP for EPX (EP-3 replacement) is to finally get the drag count to "E":icon_tong

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Pretty sure it is not going to have a mad boom. VP weenies care to confirm that?

Despite your attempt at demeaning my existence, I shall answer your question. For future reference, we prefer "wiener" to "weenie".

Last I heard was that they did take the MAD off to save weight. Not sure why this pig is weighing so much, but it is. That does indeed look like the mad boom, however I'm not certain if it is.

Trying to score a trip to the MMA guys when I'm in WA next month for a conference, will know more then...hopefully.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

I'll most likely be the one adding those funny looking bulges and random looking wires. ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
T or F ???

3 P-8 'RON's slated to be homeported in Kaneohe??? That's lot of guys.

That's my info ...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
T or F ???

3 P-8 'RON's slated to be homeported in Kaneohe??? That's lot of guys.

That's my info ...

Which begs another question for the weiners: Are there more or less people planned for a P-8 squadron? I'd think less w/ the reduction of peeps in the cockpit and "automation." But I'm sure they can think of ways to add crew-creep.