• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka?

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Not that my opinion counts but it's good stuff. As was mentioned earlier it is good with lemon juice. :)

phrogpilot73

I first had Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka in Charleston. I have since purchased it here at the ABC store, and the bottle didn't last long. It's good stuff - but only if you like sweet tea (and we're talking the southern sickeningly sweet tea).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Or ... you could just buy really good Vodka, keep it in the freezer next to the glasses ... and pour it over cracked ice. And then drink it, of course.

Mebbe w/ a lemon twist if that floats your boat ...

vodkarocks.jpg

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
GET IT. That is some great tasting stuff right there. You can even drink it straight it's that good, but usually I'll dilute it with some water. If you're feeling really daring, make an Arnold Palmer: 50/50 vodka and lemon juice.

Second this.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
View attachment 11825

Saw this in a restaurant and a friend of mine mentioned it online. Has anyone on here tried it? Worth buying a bottle of it?

http://www.fireflyvodka.com/

Im a late comer on this thread but...

To answer your question... OH HELL YEAH...

I found it taste best on the rocks with just a little bit of water and lemon... its good... VERY good.

Also if you are a Vodka man, you may want to try both Tito's and Dripping Springs Vodka. I am partial to them as they are distilled up in Austin Texas, but they are usually inexpensive, but very high quality.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
My wife gets all giddy for the stuff...which is why we ALWAYS have a bottle ($18 at the NEX). Our combo: Firefly/Simply Lemonade/splash of club soda.

Here's another good Vodka drink: the Sukru (pronounced SHOO-KROO). Start with an RBV made with Russian Standard vodka. It's the stuff Mickey Rourke was drinking in Iron Man 2 which is pretty accurate because it's the #1 Vodka sold in Russia. Then add (this is important) a squeeze from either an UNRIPENED orange/tangerine or a lemon. It's got to be bitter citrus. I wasn't an RBV drinker til my Turkish friend Sukru (awesome port visit in Marmaris, Turkey) introduced our ship to this drink.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Mebbe w/ a lemon twist if that floats your boat ...

Possibly three measures of Tanqueray, one of 100-proof Stoli (or if you REALLY wanna make it right, use Polmos Łańcut), dash each of Orange and Angostura bitters, a pinch of quinine powder, shake it all over ice and THEN add the lemon twist?

That'll put some hair on your chest.