• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Firefighting Pilots

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
I've looked around the 'net a bit but haven't found much of substance on how to get into wildland aerial firefighting. Has anyone out there had any experience with this? I'm curious how you get into it - it seems like one of those "who you know" kind of jobs.

I thought I responded to this already but maybe not.

I work with Cal Fire guys at our base in El Cajon, CA. We (the sheriff's department), fly Bell 205A1++ helicopters and drop water and the helitac team (Cal Fire) are deployed from it. A Cal Fire captain usually sits up front with the sheriff's pilot and assists with the radio most of the time.

If this sounds like something you would like to know more about PM me for the # and we'll talk.

xnav

bosaviator79

I've looked around the 'net a bit but haven't found much of substance on how to get into wildland aerial firefighting. Has anyone out there had any experience with this? I'm curious how you get into it - it seems like one of those "who you know" kind of jobs.

I think you can find substantial infor such as time requirements as well job discriptions if you look at US Forsest Service websites.