• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fired Before Finselect?

XXXMM004

TFW you get asked if you can meet with the 2 HR professionals in their office today at 3 pm like you predicted. Might lose my job..... might be them just asking when I'm planning to leave the office so they can make preparations for my departure.
Just be cool. The worst case is lay off. You can receive unemployment $. I was asked to the HR, and the HR guy just say "We are sorry to ask you to leave. Here is the lay off form." I did not say anything. Just sign it and say a nice goodbye to them.

SWOMan

I plan to walk out of there with chin up and hand shakes firm to everyone. It puts a dent in my plan. I can't really look for work since i'm expecting to leave soon... but if i don't get a letter soon or somehow an offer gets renegged, i'll have wasted time not getting a job.... and puts me in a position of weakness.

XXXMM004

I plan to walk out of there with chin up and hand shakes firm to everyone. It puts a dent in my plan. I can't really look for work since i'm expecting to leave soon... but if i don't get a letter soon or somehow an offer gets renegged, i'll have wasted time not getting a job.... and puts me in a position of weakness.
Good call!
There are plenty part time jobs out there. Get something to do and study for OCS. Or go out for a nice trip.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Go tend bar or some other BS job.

SWOMan

Might be time to test the limits of don't ask don't tell.... at 6 foot 5 i could probably make a ton in tips down in key west haha.

SWOMan

So I ended up getting the Ax. Not sure I can necessarily prove they fired me for going into the Military either. Business was incredibly slow, and I wasn't making any sales... so its easy for them to use that, especially in a no fault state. They released my Coworker the day before, so it was easier for them to just shave all the dead weight ASAP vs one leaving after another. I was told I can use them as reference so that's good. Shook hands with everyone and took off. It felt like a relief. Spoke with my recruiter who said so long as I don't get a DUI or do something stupid I will get my final select... so i'm taking comfort in that. I have a lot of free time now. Anyone have any good ideas on what I should do until then besides PT and study appendix bravo. I was considering calling my dad, and seeing if there was any general labor work out in Colorado..... high altitude training couldn't hurt once I head back to sea level. Then again I'm not sure if they would let me swear in out there, or if I would have to fly back to Florida for that.