• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fired Before Finselect?

SWOMan

So this last week my Employer has me training a kid in how I do my job. Today my Coworker was fired randomly in the afternoon. He's a trader, and wasn't making a lot of money. I work on a sales desk with him, and I haven't been making much money in this market either. I have a feeling that I'm going to get the ax after this guy's training session tomorrow. Basically I am training my replacement ( which could be illegal...not sure) My employer knows that I am going to the Navy, they reached out to me about the background check. That being said, my boss is the kind of guy who would fire someone before they shipout to get one over them. I am currently waiting on my final select orders for OCS..... if I end up getting the Ax tomorrow, what kind of effect could this have on my background check? Is there any steps I would need to take?

speedroller

Rangers
So this last week my Employer has me training a kid in how I do my job. Today my Coworker was fired randomly in the afternoon. He's a trader, and wasn't making a lot of money. I work on a sales desk with him, and I haven't been making much money in this market either. I have a feeling that I'm going to get the ax after this guy's training session tomorrow. Basically I am training my replacement ( which could be illegal...not sure) My employer knows that I am going to the Navy, they reached out to me about the background check. That being said, my boss is the kind of guy who would fire someone before they shipout to get one over them. I am currently waiting on my final select orders for OCS..... if I end up getting the Ax tomorrow, what kind of effect could this have on my background check? Is there any steps I would need to take?
Call USERRA.

SWOMan

Would I be considered eligible for that seeing as I am not yet in the navy? I live in Florida which is a no fault state as well... they can come up with any reason they want to fire me. Also, its kind of nerve wracking to be fired... and still waiting on a fin select. Not that it will... but if anything went wrong... I could be in for a world of hurt.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Listen if you get terminated, simply file for unemployment - and keep pursuing your ambitions with the Navy. Get another job - even short term work.

XXXMM004

I could share you my experience since I am waiting for my FINSEL too. 1st, your employer can not fire or terminate you if you did not do any thing against the law or company policy or anything "bad." However, they can lay off you with any reason, but it won't affect your personal background since it is not your fault.
You can file unemployment to receive couple hundred $ each month and find a new job whatever you want to do.
I received my Pro Y last NOV supply board, and I got a lay off 2 weeks soon. Anyway, I still found a full time office job after 1 month. Just be cool and easy, you already put half of your step into OCS.

SWOMan

I could share you my experience since I am waiting for my FINSEL too. 1st, your employer can not fire or terminate you if you did not do any thing against the law or company policy or anything "bad." However, they can lay off you with any reason, but it won't affect your personal background since it is not your fault.
You can file unemployment to receive couple hundred $ each month and find a new job whatever you want to do.
I received my Pro Y last NOV supply board, and I got a lay off 2 weeks soon. Anyway, I still found a full time office job after 1 month. Just be cool and easy, you already put half of your step into OCS.
Good to know that. Idk If anything is gonna happen, but the reality is there is so much turn over here that I'm now a senior employee. It's pretty bad....I only stayed because I knew my intent on going to the navy. I missed the Dec board by a few days sadly. You did ship out eventually didn't you....being in the November board and all right?

XXXMM004

Good to know that. Idk If anything is gonna happen, but the reality is there is so much turn over here that I'm now a senior employee. It's pretty bad....I only stayed because I knew my intent on going to the navy. I missed the Dec board by a few days sadly. You did ship out eventually didn't you....being in the November board and all right?
Not yet. Still waiting my FINSEL. However, my OR told me to be patient for the slow process. You already passed the hardest part for selection;so, just be easy and do whatever you want. Whatever you worry now, you have to leave your job in a short period. Why don't you go out and take a nice vacation to enjoy your last civilian moment? I just drove Key West, FL. from CA and got a nice snorkeling trip there.

SWOMan

HOLY CRAP.....HOW CAN THEY MAKE YOU WAIT THAT LONG!!! your select letter might have gotten lost somewhere..... or supply is really that over staffed. Are you active or reserve? That's nuts. Guys from the pilot board already have theirs. I don't take a vacation because I don't make enough money at said job to take a vacation. I"m hoping to take one before I ship though.

XXXMM004

HOLY CRAP.....HOW CAN THEY MAKE YOU WAIT THAT LONG!!! your select letter might have gotten lost somewhere..... or supply is really that over staffed. Are you active or reserve? That's nuts. Guys from the pilot board already have theirs. I don't take a vacation because I don't make enough money at said job to take a vacation. I"m hoping to take one before I ship though.
Active. I talked to my OR yesterday. He said everything including a completed background check is OK. He said that he simply could check my FINSEL online, but no result yet. Some previous thread already told 6 months waiting period is "normal." I am sure you just read that NRC shut down SWO and SUPPLY. SWO and SUPPLY really run over all seats. I am glad we made the last ride to OCS.
Just be easy and enjoy the moment now. A small vacation wont take much $. I only spent $700 for my entire road trip. Damn, driving from CA to FL is HOLY cool.

SWOMan

6 months to get a final select letter? I've never seen that. Average time seems to be 2-3 months for the letter. My recruiter was expecting it in 3-4 weeks when I first talked to him. Could that normal be exclusive for supply? To be honest... I just want my letter so i can quit this job ASAP. Terrible environment. Would rather be chased by a gunnery SGT. for 16 hours of the day haha.

XXXMM004

6 months to get a final select letter? I've never seen that. Average time seems to be 2-3 months for the letter. My recruiter was expecting it in 3-4 weeks when I first talked to him. Could that normal be exclusive for supply? To be honest... I just want my letter so i can quit this job ASAP. Terrible environment. Would rather be chased by a gunnery SGT. for 16 hours of the day haha.
Check the Finsel thread. You should have a clear picture. I was selected on the DEC 2015 SWO board. I saw those from DEC SWO board will ship out 4/17. Well, you are not the only one hating your job in here. Just study appendix B and survival guide. That should make you busy.

SWOMan

I thought you said you were in the Nov supply board? A Dec 22nd prorec ( if I remember the board was late ) with a ship date on 4/17 isn't that bad overall. Most those people had their select letters before this month as well. For example if I got a letter now for a late may/ early June ide have no problem. 6 months without a fin select date is kinda crazy

SWOMan

TFW you get asked if you can meet with the 2 HR professionals in their office today at 3 pm like you predicted. Might lose my job..... might be them just asking when I'm planning to leave the office so they can make preparations for my departure.