• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FINSEL Letter and Background Check

itszeejlo

Itszeejlo
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Was PRO REC Y for SNA back on December 7th and it is only two more weeks until graduation, which means two more weeks until I can get my damn transcripts sent to my processor, so my FINSEL can start coming my way. I am non-prior. Want to ask you fine folks, how long it does it normally take for someone in my position to get a FINSEL letter after official transcript submission? Also did a letter of renounce back in January 29th and haven't heard back from my recruiter about any background checks. My processor has told me that the only reason they would hear something back is if a flag came up. Can anybody back this up?

My first available ship date listed on my APSR is July 1st.

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
Can't speak to your exact situation, since I graduated prior to applying, but I can tell you that I never heard anything back after I submitted my letter of renunciation regarding my background check, only that I had received my FINSEL about two months later (and three months after Pro-Y).

Keep up with your recruiter to make sure you don't have anything else left to turn in. For my 2 cents? Put this out of your head, as hard as that can be to do. If you can't, then study your OCS gouge until you have it memorized. Kill your finals and final projects. Enjoy graduation. Party hard for senior week (don't get arrested). Then focus on when you're going.

Renegade One

None
If you don't have any news by graduation or (very) shortly thereafter, plan on getting a job and working for a living. Courtesy would require you to inform any potential employers that you have an application process underway and may not be there for a long project, especially of that is what they're hiring you for. "Mixologist" (bartender) in a very upscale strip club comes to mind as one possible open-ended gig with great benefits. There are others.

Don't "do nothing" waiting for the Navy thing to make your life happen. It may be a longer wait than you expect.