• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Finished degree can't graduate!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

punac

Get this. I finished all requirements for my degree. My final G.P.A. is 3.8 but my college will not let me graduate. Why you ask? Because I have an (I)incomplete for a class that I do not need.

I was instructed by the Navy to just take the "F". I said okay, but I learned today that my professor has already taken off for the holidays and he is the only one that can initiate a grade change.

My question is: will the Navy send me to OCS without a degree, make me stick around another semester, or something worse?

From an anxious BDCP'r

version2point0

something worse. maybe if you can get the school admissions and records to write a letter stating that you have completed all you need for a degree, they will let you go. and you can just have the little I thing fixed when the holidays are over. ask your recruiter. they should be helpful

-v2.0

twidget

Deskaholic
I finished all my classes and got a letter certified by the registrar stating that I had completed my degree requirements. This is how CNRC told me to do it so I could submit my package before my actual graduation date.

However; I didn't have any incompletes, so I don't know if that would have made a difference.

Good Luck

jaerose

OK, if you have enough credit hours and don't need the class for that, then I wouldn't petition for an 'F' and hose your GPA...I'd go to the instructor and explain your situation and petition for a 'W,' or Withdraw. Same thing, only your very good GPA doesn't take a dip to 3.5. Most professors will listen and work with you unless they are unreasonable, or you were very disrespectful towards them in that class.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.