• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Finally finished my first AR build

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So here's the rest of the story! Got my M-4 upper in the mail today, put it together and presto. Hope to get to the range Friday to test it out.

Specs:
Spike's Tactical Lower
Spike's Tacical M-4 Upper and heavy buffer
Magpul Flip-Up Rear sight
Rock River lower parts kit
Tapco M-4 stock
P-mags

DSC03746..jpgDSC03757..jpg

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
How do you like the Magpul flip up? I'm torn between that and the Troy---the Magpul is definitely easier on the wallet.

OscarMyers

None
Very sexy, how hard was it to install the stock, I have an M&P 15 tactical and was thinking about upgrading my stock for something with some trunk space. Ill throw some pics of my rig on here when i get the PVS-14 mount installed.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Not going for the quad-rail?

Not yet at least, I figure for my first build I just want to get a rifle that shoots, I'll worry about all that other stuff later.

How do you like the Magpul flip up? I'm torn between that and the Troy---the Magpul is definitely easier on the wallet.

I like the Magpul. I tested out the sight picture of both on a rifle in a gunshop and they both have a good, clear sight picture. The adjustments are basically the same. I have no plans on physically beating the crap out of this gun so I went with Magpul. If you're gonna really abuse it I'd say go with the Troy.

Very sexy, how hard was it to install the stock, I have an M&P 15 tactical and was thinking about upgrading my stock for something with some trunk space. Ill throw some pics of my rig on here when i get the PVS-14 mount installed.

It was really easy actually. Come to think of it, building the entire thing was rather easy! Just make sure you have the castle nut wrench, otherwise the stock may not be torqued down properly.

OscarMyers

None
Got the Pvs 14 mount in from GG&G the other day, It lines up perfect behind my eotech. Now to find a range that will let me turn the lights out to sight in my IR laser.

Attachments

• IMG00235-20100423-1403.jpg
    IMG00235-20100423-1403.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG00236-20100423-1409.jpg
    IMG00236-20100423-1409.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 36