• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Selection...

Status
Not open for further replies.

signud

Final Select SNA
I just received word today that I got my final selection for SNA. However, I'm going to wait and see if I get selected for Intel and Crypto as well before making my final decision.

I was curious if there is anyone out there that could PM me or post something about their experiences with Intel or Crypto, something that might help me make up my mind. I have read and read and read other flyers and recruiting material, but I want to hear from someone that has been there done that. Without violating rules, of course.

And for those that think I'm crazy for potentially passing up an SNA slot all I have to say to you is that I want to make the right decision. I'd love to fly, but I only want jets. Not because I have some Top Gun fetish, but because that's where my heart is. However, I also believe I could be very strong in the Crypto and Intel communities and since my country is more important than my own selfish desires (not that I wouldn't love doing Intel or Crypto because I would) I might have to go with the area where I feel I can do the most good and where I can best utilize the gist of my talents.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You might want to talk to your recruiter. If SNA was your first choice, I don't think your package ever got to the Intel/Crypto boards. It would mess them up if they selected one person for 3 communities because that just guarantees two holes they will need to fill later. Again, check with your recruiter, because once you're selected, I'm pretty sure that the buck stops there.

signud

Final Select SNA
You would think so, but he told me that the other communities are considering me as well. I've been cleared "physically" for Crypto, but the boards haven't met yet. I told him that I wanted to hear the results from the others before moving forward. So perhaps that will keep the "buck" from stopping there. Good point, though.

binary_choice

Final Select SNA
Here's a question for you Signud... When did you submit your final doc's? And how long till you heard back re SNA? My finals were submitted on Monday for Pilot, and am now waiting.... BTW Congratulation... oh and what date did they give you or have they?

kevin

it would be quite a riot if you were cleared physically for sna and not for crypto. his explanation would be "well, crypto has really turned into an elite unit...and we feel it's necessary to take only the best of the best.....etc".

look, im not in the navy but having read a lot on this forum i can pretty much tell you verbatim what the response to your question will be from the one standpoint: "there is a greater need in the navy for helo guys than jet guys based on numbers. if youre dead set on flying jets, and you know you'll be unhappy flying helos, think long and hard about your decision. it comes down to the needs of the service, but there is no way to predict which frame will be wanting at any point. this week might be 10 helo guys, next week might be 10 jet guys. it's a much easier process if you leave yourself open to which aircraft you fly and just concentrate on doing well". there you have it....except they might capitalize their sentences. congrats on getting final selection.

signud

Final Select SNA
binary: My ADVDOCS went in on Dec 10. I got my pro-rec on January 21, my FINDOCS went in probably the week of February 9 (during this week my medical reports came in), and then I got my final selection today.

kevin: Good points, and all things I have considered. I would probably love flying anything, and I think the most important thing is for me to do something that I would enjoy while doing the most good for my country. It's hard to explain, but it makes sense in my head... I have a cold so I'm not thinking clearly right now. And yeah, it would be a riot to not be cleared physically for Intel or Crypto when I have been cleared for SNA. I think the only area tougher than SNA physically is Special Ops (SEALS). But then again, what do I know.

Thanks for the congrats!

signud

Final Select SNA
I wasn't really referring to the class they were in, but more of the expectations surrounding the community upon admittance into the program. But then again, I could be way off.

signud

Final Select SNA
My recruiter is located in College Station, TX, and there is no doubt that he has done an excellent job with this entire process.

zulu240

SNA nov 13 OCS
pro rec'd feb 6, fin docs in feb 11, STILL WAITING for final selection, hopefully mine will come in today like signud

spr

anybody who has signed up and sworn in as an SNA...little help here? i only saw one paper that had my name on it and 13950 and i just wanted to see if everyone else selected has this as their designator for the Navy. All the rest of the papers i signed just said aviation officer contract or officer candidate school stuff. the only thing i applied for was pilot but i wanted to double check. thanks

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
spr said:
anybody who has signed up and sworn in as an SNA...little help here? i only saw one paper that had my name on it and 13950 and i just wanted to see if everyone else selected has this as their designator for the Navy. All the rest of the papers i signed just said aviation officer contract or officer candidate school stuff. the only thing i applied for was pilot but i wanted to double check. thanks

When you get done with OCS, that 0 at the end will drop, as designators are only 4 digits.

1395- SNA
1375- SNFO
1315- Naval Aviator (USNR)
1325- NFO (USNR)
1310- Naval Aviator (USN)
1320- NFO (USN)

angelj

I'm using the recruiter out of College Station as well, and he's been so great! I just turned in my final documents for aviator, and he has worked really hard to help me get my dream. I took the ASTB early Jan (7,7,7, oar 60). It took awhile to get my references together, so my application was turned in Feb 25, and I heard on March 8 that I was Prof. Rec. My final documents were just submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.