• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select!!!

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Just got the phone call. Final select for SNA today. I guess this guy slipped through the radar afterall.:icon_smil

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
AppleCello,

I am fairly sure that it doesn't take a board to go from pro-rec to final select. Just a paper pushing exercise at Millington.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Thanks guys.

And to anybody out there who's applying or about to apply: you don't have to be the second coming of Christ to get selected.

Take me, for example. I consider myself kind of an underdog who got picked.

I'm not much of an athlete at all.
My eyes aren't 20/20.
Did OK, but not great on the PRT.
No prior flight time (except for 2 flights that I didn't even bother writing on the application).
Had to study for the ASTB for 6 friggin' months to get the score I earned (seriously).

The three things that set me aside the most I think were a good GPA (3.65), good ASTB scores (7,8,7 60), and that I got TEN people to write me letters of recommendation. They probably didn't even read half of them, but they must have seen ten letters and said this kid really wants this badly, and hey! some people actually have faith in him too.

navyag08

Congrats! Glad to see that hard work pays off! I am the type of person that has to study alot too. Good luck!

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Well, it's official. I swore in today on Halloween.

Here I am:

Note that I dot not have an actual photo of the oath. My friend Charlie was on photographer duty and he dropped the ball big time.

Hopefully I'll see you guys from a few thousand feet overhead one day.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1569.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1569.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 126