• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Just a thought. Since we're about to roll over into the next FY, can we expect an even longer and protracted FINSEL wait due to budgeting? Anyone familiar with the trends who can lend some enlightenment towards the process around the end of the FY?
Typically by the start of the FY the budget issues have already been mitigated and funding for DoD has been allocated. Things usually speed up at the beginning of the FY.

onlycraigdarlin

pilot
I don't normally mind waiting, but I hate my job so it makes this wait harder.

Try and enjoy the time anyway though. Life during/after OCS is going to be hectic, might as well relax while you can.

Also, judging by the flow from the May boards (they seem to wait 3-4 months) I'm guessing we'll be looking at a Class date around December. That's not too much longer.

PhillipC

Do we even know if there is a December OCS date? I would assume not because of the holidays, but we all know what assuming does.

popeye123

I heard it is necessary to buy a car in Pensacola but I was wondering if I already had a car, would the Navy help ship my car to Pensacola?

goldmanharry91

Do we even know if there is a December OCS date? I would assume not because of the holidays, but we all know what assuming does.

I believe there usually is a December class but you literally go for two weeks and then go on liberty because of the government shutdown for the holidays.