• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Burd92

Burd92
pilot
Question for all you guys and gals who have been waiting in purgatory for awhile. Were most of you waiting to finish your degree? Does being prior service help get a finsel faster?

Nope I graduated July 2015, I have only been in here since the May board though.

Mitcherd

There are people from our board on here who received their letters for August. I'm in the same boat with the lack of information from my recruiter. I can't imagine that we would be expected to report on the 21st and still not know, considering that is only 18 days away. You never know though!

I got a call from my recruiter today asking how I felt about being shipped out this month. When I met with him the first time I told him I didn't want to ship before October of 2016 and he said that wasn't a problem at all. Now it's like he's feeling me out to try and fill this month's quota. There's no way I could sort out things at work, deal with what will happen to my household goods and car, and ship on a little over a two week's notice

Melissa Altazin

I got a call from my recruiter today asking how I felt about being shipped out this month. When I met with him the first time I told him I didn't want to ship before October of 2016 and he said that wasn't a problem at all. Now it's like he's feeling me out to try and fill this month's quota. There's no way I could sort out things at work, deal with what will happen to my household goods and car, and ship on a little over a two week's notice
Wow!! I'm in a rare situation where I could literally ship out tomorrow, but I understand it isn't that way for most people. I hope things work out and you will be able to go in October! With the way you phrased it, it seems more like a request and he wouldn't get too upset about you waiting. I read someone else being asked to ship out within 48 hours. I'm sure that was under very unique circumstances.

SigmundBreud

Congrats to all the July folks! Just got off the phone with my recruiter, still nothing. When all the December board folks are leaving purgatory, and you're sitting here death glaring your phone/e-mail, feels bad man.

joel794613

@james.hoofnagle

I literally just got off the phone with my recruiter in regards to my FINSEL (I'm from the May board also) He said it should be coming soon he had another applicant that was SNA from the May board get his for Aug 21st. I was told mine is just waiting on the program designator.

Last edited:

joel794613

He said soon; so I know there's the 9/11 date and an early Oct one. If I had to guess I would say we get the Oct date. What OR station did you go to? The one in North Aurora?