• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Melissa Altazin

Dude, I've had THREE recruiters in the past year... So in saying that, I have NO idea whose hand I'll be shaking once that FINSEL comes in haha

I have had three recruiters as well and I am officially at the one year mark next week. Pro Rec Y from the April SWO board. I read on here someone said Pro Rec Y does not necessarily mean you got in, is that true? What percentage of people get it and then get told no? Does that actually happen? My most recent recruiter is nice, but does not seem to know much. Originally he told me probably July, but then when I mentioned that to someone else in the office he laughed and said probably October.

I have had three recruiters as well and I am officially at the one year mark next week. Pro Rec Y from the April SWO board. I read on here someone said Pro Rec Y does not necessarily mean you got in, is that true? What percentage of people get it and then get told no? Does that actually happen? My most recent recruiter is nice, but does not seem to know much. Originally he told me probably July, but then when I mentioned that to someone else in the office he laughed and said probably October.

I had been wondering if it's possible to get a Pro Rec Y and get denied a FINSEL, too. I was told that it's possible but pretty rare.

SWOMan

@SWOMan, did you get your FINSEL's yet?
Nope. Still waiting. Processor is out until the 19th. Recruiter told me with it being last quarter of the fiscal year it's still putting a drag on shipping of enlisted and officers.... and to just continue PTing and studying. Was really just hoping to have a date by now.... my part time job is about to come to an end.

banjosquirrel

Checking out! My Final Select is in and I swear in on Wednesday. It's been close to two years since I started this process and I couldn't be more excited. Hope you all get an update very soon!

Checking out! My Final Select is in and I swear in on Wednesday. It's been close to two years since I started this process and I couldn't be more excited. Hope you all get an update very soon!

Congratulations, man! I know you're glad to be done with the wait. So are you in the 21AUG class?

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Nope. Still waiting. Processor is out until the 19th. Recruiter told me with it being last quarter of the fiscal year it's still putting a drag on shipping of enlisted and officers.... and to just continue PTing and studying. Was really just hoping to have a date by now.... my part time job is about to come to an end.
That's really interesting/weird. I'm talking to another guy who was pro rec IWC in January and he's still waiting for his FINSEL's. What really surprises me is that he's non-prior service too.
As I say, gotta love the hurry up and wait.

SWOMan

That's really interesting/weird. I'm talking to another guy who was pro rec IWC in January and he's still waiting for his FINSEL's. What really surprises me is that he's non-prior service too.
As I say, gotta love the hurry up and wait.
was he IWC AD or reserve?

Crippy011

was he IWC AD or reserve?
Reserves. What's strange is that I as well as another individual got our FINSEL's in under 3 months of PROREC and we're both non-priors. This particular individual in the previous post as well as another who is prior service aren't being commissioned until next fiscal year, which makes me suspect that there's something with unit size coming into play.
One would assume that active duty received preference for expediting FINSEL's but apparently that isn't the case.

exNavyOffRec

Reserves. What's strange is that I as well as another individual got our FINSEL's in under 3 months of PROREC and we're both non-priors. This particular individual in the previous post as well as another who is prior service aren't being commissioned until next fiscal year, which makes me suspect that there's something with unit size coming into play.
One would assume that active duty received preference for expediting FINSEL's but apparently that isn't the case.

AD and Reserves have nothing to do with each other and are completely independent of the selection and processing that happens.

SWOMan

I don't even really care what fiscal year it is in. I just care that I have a date I can provide to parents so they think i'm not just making up this whole military thing in my head haha.

Crippy011

I don't even really care what fiscal year it is in. I just care that I have a date I can provide to parents so they think i'm not just making up this whole military thing in my head haha.
Ha, I feel ya dude.