• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Thats not so bad. The navy makes you wait for lots of things, might as well get used to it now. For me, been working towards this for close to 9 years; working and going to school full time for the last 3 years. Then a years worth of applications, being denied by 9 boards. Finally pro rec y for may supply board. So hang in there.

Yeah, the wait hasn't bothered me that much. It's such a great opportunity that I don't mind the hurry up and wait. Plus, my recruiter has been really helpful through the entire process; he's really made things easier.

SWOMan

any word for anyone today? Just got off work, was hoping to see some good news. Hope to hear something next week.

SWOMan

Recruiter texted me yesterday, FINSEL is in and I swear in next week! July 31 class
way to go man. trying not to email my processor. Its been a few weeks since we last talked, but i think he's getting annoyed since I ask every 3 weeks or so now.

SWOMan

Just tried reaching out to my processor to find out hes out of office for 2 more weeeks. He left a replacement contact, but i'm not sure If he can look it up/ if he would have the ability to get my final select letter. Worth the reach out?

Chris1989

Just tried reaching out to my processor to find out hes out of office for 2 more weeeks. He left a replacement contact, but i'm not sure If he can look it up/ if he would have the ability to get my final select letter. Worth the reach out?
While I do not work for NRC, they do share information systems so any processor/person involved in the OCS process would be able to give you an update. I say its worth a shot since worse case scenario is you have to wait for your processor (which at this time you are doing anyways).

Alright guys, so I got selected in the May 18th board for Pilot and I got a call today from my recruiter and a chief with processing and they told me that they really needed someone to be ready to leave saturday for the July 10th class. As it stands now and they get everything finalized within 48 hours, I'll be swearing in and getting orders tomorrow and flying out to Rhode Island on saturday. "Hurry up and wait." Lets see how this goes.