• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

shoff

^just because you didn't know doesn't mean the process on your application hadn't started.

It hadn't started. I had the same situation as you (if I remember correctly) and had SWO listed above NFO. Saw my recruiter last week to get the processing started. Also waiting on a citizenship renunciation.

I get the "how long do I wait" frustration though. Both my boss and my current roommate know, and are constantly asking no me, "so, when are you abandoning us."

SWOMan

Yeah my processor brought up that document 2 weeks ago, and it was approved very quickly. Background check is happening right now because my employer mentioned it to me. Just need the damn date. The hardest part is trying to not pay an extra month of rent, and not have to work a day longer than I have to haha.

shoff

I feel you, man. That next step is so close, and we're powerless to bring it any closer ourselves. The only thing we can do is stay out of trouble, train, and memorize!

lelouche

Hey SWOMan, it sounds like we're in kind of a similar position. I got my pro-rec Y for the December SNA board, and am still awaiting for my finsel. Two weeks ago, I had to renounce my citizenship and it seems like my employer just received a letter from OPM for a background check.

Has there been precedence like this where finsel is right around the corner, or can it be another 2-4 months?

Igloojam

pilot
Hey SWOMan, it sounds like we're in kind of a similar position. I got my pro-rec Y for the December SNA board, and am still awaiting for my finsel. Two weeks ago, I had to renounce my citizenship and it seems like my employer just received a letter from OPM for a background check.

Has there been precedence like this where finsel is right around the corner, or can it be another 2-4 months?

You guys need to ask your processors what date you've been recommended to go to OCS... They put in a date based on your apsr. Your finsel comes 2 months prior.

lelouche

You guys need to ask your processors what date you've been recommended to go to OCS... They put in a date based on your apsr. Your finsel comes 2 months prior.

Well, I put down on my ASPR I'm available December 2015 since I started in August and thought I would going for the September/October board. Also, if I have a class date, wouldn't the recruiter tell me, or does he only do that for finsel?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor

The date in the APSR is just your "earliest ship" date. Your OCS date could be much beyond that due to manning guidelines, pipeline backups, age critical people, etc.

Igloojam

pilot
Well, I put down on my ASPR I'm available December 2015 since I started in August and thought I would going for the September/October board. Also, if I have a class date, wouldn't the recruiter tell me, or does he only do that for finsel?

Ya... You're available dec. 2015... So ask your processor what date he asked for... If he did... I guarantee it'll be any date after dec 2015... If you're not age critical, prior, or have dependents... You don't have much say... It's cheaper for the navy to make you wait 6 months before OCS than 6 months in A-pool... If you don't know what a-pool is then search it.

Igloojam

pilot
The date in the APSR is just your "earliest ship" date. Your OCS date could be much beyond that due to manning guidelines, pipeline backups, age critical people, etc.

Ya... That's my point. You ship any date after your apsr first available date. Other factors are taken into consideration... See previous response to lelouche

Anchors_Away

It can be another few months... Or more. I renounced my citizenship and had my background done in April 2015 with no complications or hold ups, and I report to OCS a week from tomorrow.