• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
A FS letter should have a date on it, that is the point of the FS letter. It should say something like congratulations you have been selected for blah blah blah and are going to be in OCS class (insert date here) and then a bunch more words.
Maybe that's just for active duty folks. I was selected from a reservist DCO board, so I'll be going to DCOIC instead of OCS.

My letter reads to the effect of:

Dear FieldRat,

Congrats on selection as IW in NR DCO program. Words/text.
COMDOCS should be available in 10 days. Some more words/text.
Must attend DCOIC within one year of commissioning for two-weeks in Newport, RI.
Words/text. Contact your command to schedule your class date.

Sincerely,

LT Salles, USN

exNavyOffRec

Maybe that's just for active duty folks. I was selected from a reservist DCO board, so I'll be going to DCOIC instead of OCS.

My letter reads to the effect of:

Dear FieldRat,

Congrats on selection as IW in NR DCO program. Words/text.
COMDOCS should be available in 10 days. Some more words/text.
Must attend DCOIC within one year of commissioning for two-weeks in Newport, RI.
Words/text. Contact your command to schedule your class date.

Sincerely,

LT Salles, USN

yes, OCS people get a FS letter with OCS dates, DCO people get COMDOCS, so really you need a thread titled "COMDOC wait purgatory".

Good Afternoon Gents,

I received a FINSEL today from my XO (I am active duty), but there are no OCS class dates listed. I asked around and the command says to keep an eye out for orders - that they should pop soon just as if I were going to a new command.

Jake

shoff

SWOMan and I are just stuck in purgatory while everyone else is flying off to OCS lol god i hope we hear back soon

I'm right here with you, man. Didn't find out I was selected in the Feb. board until last week, so I'm a little behind the pack, I think. Hoping for a June date, but guessing I'll be July or August.

SWOMan

The only reason i feel like i'm in purgatory is because I need the letter so I can start putting things in motion. I'm not sure If I should tell my land lord its my last month or not/ prepare to give my 2 week notice. I was planning to spend the last month or 2 back at home studying and traveling to see some family members. Everything is on hold until then.