• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Igloojam

pilot
Just talked to my processor... He said FinSel letters come 2 months before ship date.

That being said, the processor and OR, request an OCS date for you. If you are age critical they will request a quick date. Outside of what you put on your APSR, you will probably have slight say in your OCS date warranted you don't have extenuating circumstances...

For example... I am age critical (27 in May 16 but prior). I do not have to wait for graduation, but my baby boy is due in late May... Therefore the processor has asked for a June OCS date. He and the OR is confident I will get it, and thus get finsel letter 2 months prior.

Second (hypothetical) example... Your 23, you graduate in May 16, no dependents... APSR says available after June 16... Depending on the amount of seats, guys with extenuating circumstance, and how long you've been in purgatory will determine when you go.

Open to a fact check... hopefully this gives some of you purgatory dudes some peace of mind. It did for me at least.

Big-Red

I saw others post something on the selection board thread about already being cleared (PQ'd) by NAMI.
I was medically cleared for commission well before but reading through this thread it looks like it isn't uncommon for people to still be waiting on their N3M letters after they're selected. I don't believe we interact with NAMI until we get to OCS and do our actual flight physicals there.

exNavyOffRec

I was medically cleared for commission well before but reading through this thread it looks like it isn't uncommon for people to still be waiting on their N3M letters after they're selected. I don't believe we interact with NAMI until we get to OCS and do our actual flight physicals there.

To submit an application a person must have a PQ letter from N3M

exNavyOffRec

I saw others post something on the selection board thread about already being cleared (PQ'd) by NAMI.

PQ is a term used for N3M, some may inadvertently use it for a NAMI term. It is possible there are a few already cleared by NAMI due to unusual circumstances like going for USMC then going USN, or maybe they are in FL and they find a way to get to NAMI.

speedroller

Rangers
PQ is a term used for N3M, some may inadvertently use it for a NAMI term. It is possible there are a few already cleared by NAMI due to unusual circumstances like going for USMC then going USN, or maybe they are in FL and they find a way to get to NAMI.
Thank you for clarification, I did get my N3M "all clear". As a civilian, I can go on my own to NAMI and get screened? I know USMC OCS applicants get to do that.

TexasNavy

Most people should not have a problem with NAMI unless they are over 6ft. Then you might get Dqd on the ratios. This is what my friends in primary are telling me.