• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know you've gotten PMs on this, but saying this for the benefit of those people out there reading this thread with no Navy experience. When you get commissioned no one gives a shit what you did when you were enlisted; in fact, if you rest on those laurels alone you're going to get eaten alive. Think over your career and try to remember how many officers have expressed attitudes like yours in the workplace. I guarantee you that number was very few and those that did are probably not doing well in the long run. There's a difference between being a PC type through and through and being tough but a fair and firm professional. The fact that you don't get that indicates your lack of officer like qualities whatsoever.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some things for the group to consider...

- Trust is a precious commodity in Naval Aviation. It takes time and effort to build, and can be lost in an instant.
- You will have Officers and Enlisted people in your squadrons/ships who are gay/lesbian. You may not know who they are.
- Consider what happens to trust within an organization when derogatory epithets are used by that organization's leadership.