• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

gschem

what does he consider non tangibles? just wondering as many recruiters think that the board looks at sex, race, etc when selecting when they don't.
Some of my life experience (living/studying abroad in Africa, leadership of peers and some of superiors); I also work in a squadron right now - CO wrote one of my reference letters - and work into the culture well, though in a very limited capacity.

exNavyOffRec

Some of my life experience (living/studying abroad in Africa, leadership of peers and some of superiors); I also work in a squadron right now - CO wrote one of my reference letters - and work into the culture well, though in a very limited capacity.

The CO since you work for him probably was a very positive thing because you work for him, as was leadership, the board rarely has time to read much else, and time abroad really doesn't mean much when it comes to how you will perform as an officer, the big ones are degree, GPA, and documented leadership. The funny thing is I don't think any of my IDC selects ever traveled outside the US, but I had several CEC and Nukes that did.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Wait, you're active duty and you're working with a recruiter?

romoth

Got called in today to sign my security clearance documents im assuming to allow them to begin my investigation. Has everyone else already done this and im just behind the curve, or does it mean the finsel is coming sooner than later.

Outdoorsman

Got called in today to sign my security clearance documents im assuming to allow them to begin my investigation. Has everyone else already done this and im just behind the curve, or does it mean the finsel is coming sooner than later.

Pretty sure I did all that before even getting a Pro Rec Y. But all they need is the investigation being "opened." They don't need to complete it in order for you to receive your final select.

AB6

I think we have the same OR. I filled out the 4 documents last week and just playing the purgatory waiting game now.

AUSWO1316

LVideo89
I am having to resign mine and redo my fingerprints (worst part of MEPS for me personally), because it has been longer than 3 months since it was orginally done

Got an email the day my Pro Rec Y came through asking to get with my SSO to ensure the pre-screen process was started. It is just to verify that you have the sufficient clearance for the job in which you were selected.

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
Question: I understand that a security investigation only needs to be opened, but my question regards a specific request. I just found out that I am a dual citizen of another country (hooray) and I am being asked to renounce my citizenship. Does anyone know if this will delay my FINSEL, or if it will prevent me from leaving for OCS?

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Question: I understand that a security investigation only needs to be opened, but my question regards a specific request. I just found out that I am a dual citizen of another country (hooray) and I am being asked to renounce my citizenship. Does anyone know if this will delay my FINSEL, or if it will prevent me from leaving for OCS?
So I had to do the same thing you'll do. It's pretty simple, in order for your process to get your FINSEL all you'll have to do is sign a piece of paper saying you renounce your citizenship. Then you'll mail that to the embassy for that country. You'll also have to keep a green and white receipt(bill or sale?) I don't remember. But you'll kee that and give it to your process or fax it to prove you have sent the letter. Hope that makes sense.

Anchors_Away

I also had to do this. I did the same process, mailed my letter in, and got a confirmation letter back. I also had to make an appointment with a consolate to physically turn in my (now void) EU passport. Check the consulate regs for this info. You cant do this while at OCS (obviously) so my OR told me I had to do it before I even completed my application kit. Thank goodness I did, or else I'm sure I'd have an even longer stay in purgatory. It does take some time so I recommend doing it ASAP.

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
So I had to do the same thing you'll do. It's pretty simple, in order for your process to get your FINSEL all you'll have to do is sign a piece of paper saying you renounce your citizenship. Then you'll mail that to the embassy for that country. You'll also have to keep a green and white receipt(bill or sale?) I don't remember. But you'll kee that and give it to your process or fax it to prove you have sent the letter. Hope that makes sense.

I also had to do this. I did the same process, mailed my letter in, and got a confirmation letter back. I also had to make an appointment with a consolate to physically turn in my (now void) EU passport. Check the consulate regs for this info. You cant do this while at OCS (obviously) so my OR told me I had to do it before I even completed my application kit. Thank goodness I did, or else I'm sure I'd have an even longer stay in purgatory. It does take some time so I recommend doing it ASAP.

Thanks guys. I don't have a passport or any officially issued documents, so I don't have anything to physically turn in. Does the letter need to be notarized or anything, or just a simple signed letter from me?

exNavyOffRec

out of curiosity how did you find out you were a dual citizen?