• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

AUSWO1316

LVideo89
This is making me feel better....knowing I am not the oldest person trying to apply. Thank yall for making me feel young again lol. Good luck to those who have to be commissioned early next year!

Corpsmanup780

pilot
I got Pro Rec'd Y on 07Dec. I received my FINSEL the next day. I am extremely age critical so I am very grateful that they expedited my orders. But to answer your question, my CO/XO received and email from Mr. Paul down in Millington with the FINSEL and service agreement.

Did your BOL update at any point stating that you had a FINSEL?

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Checking in for SNA, pro-rec at latest board, and also age critical.

@Chop07 @RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec Do any of you know whether it is acceptable to take an extended (~3-4 week) vacation out of the country (Europe+Asia) prior to leaving (Early January is what I am looking at right now)? I will also verify with my recruiter/processor but having more sources is always better.
I don't have a concrete answer but NASIS would have to be updated. If it were me and you were reporting to OCS that soon, I wouldn't risk it. I'd stay on U.S. soil and enjoy the holidays then get on with OCS and your new career. That's my 2 cents.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I don't have a concrete answer but NASIS would have to be updated. If it were me and you were reporting to OCS that soon, I wouldn't risk it. I'd stay on U.S. soil and enjoy the holidays then get on with OCS and your new career. That's my 2 cents.

What about something in June if I wouldn't be shipping out until August or September? My friends are planning a 2-3 week trip through Argentina and Chile post-graduation, but if I get picked up I wouldn't want it to cause issues with my clearance.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
What about something in June if I wouldn't be shipping out until August or September? My friends are planning a 2-3 week trip through Argentina and Chile post-graduation
Chris, this wouldn't be too bad. Just be sure to give your recruiter a means to contact you. You may or may not have sworn in by that point...all depends on when the beloved FINSEL arrives.

Doc Walsh

HM1 -> Pilot
pilot
Did your BOL update at any point stating that you had a FINSEL?
No, I just checked my BOL. it still say "Y". I got an email from my XO with two attachments. one was the section letter and the other was the Aviation service agreement. Then the next day I received orders from my admin department.

Corpsmanup780

pilot
No, I just checked my BOL. it still say "Y". I got an email from my XO with two attachments. one was the section letter and the other was the Aviation service agreement. Then the next day I received orders from my admin department.

Did you have to send that letter to NAMI... they wont give me my NAMI letter until I upload some document that you get with an acceptance. I still have no idea what exactly they are looking for which is saying something since I am an 8401/8406...They need to stop making up hoops for us to jump threw down there in Pensacola!

Doc Walsh

HM1 -> Pilot
pilot
Did you have to send that letter to NAMI... they wont give me my NAMI letter until I upload some document that you get with an acceptance. I still have no idea what exactly they are looking for which is saying something since I am an 8401/8406...They need to stop making up hoops for us to jump threw down there in Pensacola!
I'm not sure dude, i got the hook up from my flight surgeon because i am stationed here in Newport. I already have my NAMI letter.

Doc Walsh

HM1 -> Pilot
pilot
Have you tried calling NAMI directly? i know theres a bunch of AVTs that work there and you might know a few. they might be able to hook it up.

Tjd448

I guess this is similar to the earlier questions about going out of the country and having to refill out the SF86, regarding my current employment, at what point can I give them my two weeks notice and not have to refill it out? Only concern being that the employment history section would then be inaccurate. I imagine this is not as big of a deal as leaving the country, but just want to make sure.

mb1685

I guess this is similar to the earlier questions about going out of the country and having to refill out the SF86, regarding my current employment, at what point can I give them my two weeks notice and not have to refill it out? Only concern being that the employment history section would then be inaccurate. I imagine this is not as big of a deal as leaving the country, but just want to make sure.

I really doubt that would be an issue since obviously everyone who goes to OCS is going to quit their job beforehand. Since your signature affirmed that everything was accurate at the time you completed the document, small stuff like that probably doesn't matter. I've never read about anyone having to fill it out again just for leaving a job to go to OCS (again, which would mean everyone would have to do that).