• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I'm guessing so since I believe I recall people mentioning having to put down the soonest date they're available to start OCS, but maybe that was something in my package that I forgot about.

I believe that you already put that date in your APSR, which would have been submitted to the board.

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
Checking in, Dec 15 SNA board.

I believe that you already put that date in your APSR, which would have been submitted to the board.

This is correct, talked about it with my recruiter today (couldn't remember what I wrote, but I think it was the current date at the time... truthfully, I was ready to go then...)

nnneyugn

PRO REC Y: 9/28/2015
Is there more paperwork that needs to be sent to NRC after being PRO REC'd? I'm guessing so since I believe I recall people mentioning having to put down the soonest date they're available to start OCS, but maybe that was something in my package that I forgot about. Just wondering if I need to submit documents in order to get the FINSEL ball rolling or if it's purely a waiting game from this point.

For me, I had to fill out my service agreement and initial on a bunch of other paperwork. It's pretty much a contract agreement. My OR decided to wait until I got my FINSEL to do them on the same day as my swear in. I'm coming from Hawaii and will obviously not drive to Newport so I would need to see him one more time to sign off on my plane ticket.

BTW, on one of the initial agreements, I read something funny. It was something along the lines of "if applicant fails to physically qualify as an officer but physically qualify as enlisted, he/she will be transferred to enlisted and gain the rank of E-3." I asked my recruiter about it as I was initialling it and he just gave me an odd look.

SoopurHero816

Already have this forum being watched, but checking into this now! Pro Rec Y SNA/NFO from the 07Dec15 boards! I won't get a FINSEL for a while because I still need to finish my degree. June 2016, here I come! Until then, mastering all of my PFT and gouge!!

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
Also, does a Pro Rec mean your background check came back okay, or do they complete that later?

*Resists urge to go break the law*

mb1685

Also, does a Pro Rec mean your background check came back okay, or do they complete that later?

I believe a requirement for your FINSEL to be processed is that your security clearance investigation has been started, not necessarily finished.

romoth

I think it means nothing came up that merited any further investigation, but i think they go back through it before final not sure though.

exNavyOffRec

a pro rec has nothing to do with a background, it is a professional recommendation based on you professional record. I have seen people lose pro rec's due to failing to disclose items on a background that they were told were sealed.

afsf1

Checking in for SNA, pro-rec at latest board, and also age critical.

@Chop07 @RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec Do any of you know whether it is acceptable to take an extended (~3-4 week) vacation out of the country (Europe+Asia) prior to leaving (Early January is what I am looking at right now)? I will also verify with my recruiter/processor but having more sources is always better.

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Checking in for SNA, pro-rec at latest board, and also age critical.

@Chop07 @RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec Do any of you know whether it is acceptable to take an extended (~3-4 week) vacation out of the country (Europe+Asia) prior to leaving (Early January is what I am looking at right now)? I will also verify with my recruiter/processor but having more sources is always better.
My recruiter suggested not leave the country, due to the fact that you have to refill out NASIS.

Doc Walsh

HM1 -> Pilot
pilot
For active duty guys, does anyone know who receives our FINSEL letter? Does it come in an email or is it posted on BOL,NSIPS,etc.?
I tried searching for it through the forum but my internet crashes every time I try to search thanks to the crappy internet connection on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic.
I got Pro Rec'd Y on 07Dec. I received my FINSEL the next day. I am extremely age critical so I am very grateful that they expedited my orders. But to answer your question, my CO/XO received and email from Mr. Paul down in Millington with the FINSEL and service agreement.

FireFor3ffect

I got Pro Rec'd Y on 07Dec. I received my FINSEL the next day. I am extremely age critical so I am very grateful that they expedited my orders. But to answer your question, my CO/XO received and email from Mr. Paul down in Millington with the FINSEL and service agreement.
I had no idea that the government could work that fast. Makes me feel a little bit better about needing to commission before June.