• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

CellShock

Okay so I am a bit confused about the process after Pro-Rec Y. I'm putting my packet in for the Dec 1st SNA/SNFO board. What happens after getting a pro-rec y before getting a FINSEL? Is it just a matter of waiting or are there additional qualifiers that are determined during this phase, specifically anthropometric measurements? I am very much on the small side, and I would like to know going into OCS if I am not anthropometrically compatible with any pipelines.
pretty sure it's just a waiting game between pro rec and finsel

CellShock

Any body have any idea the average wait time between receiving a finsel and actually going to OCS?
I know the finsel has a ship date attached, but I was curious to know how long it'd be after receiving that letter and going to OCS is on average.
I was perusing some thread a while back looking for the same thing and basically the best metric is just looking at signatures, i.e. the difference between pro-rec date and finsel date. I've seen guys/gals on here that receive a quick finsel and some who wait a while, and I don't really know what that wait time is contingent on...

SRGWML

@Knightsnation I got a call today that my final select letter was requested November 2nd but no letter yet. Anyone know the time before the request and getting it? @NavyOffRec maybe?

You know just a few loose ends I need to take care of but two weeks notice, that's well incredibly short. Job as a cop, few expenses, etc.

exNavyOffRec

I want to say that I requested for my letter at the Beginning of October. That that may be why I've received mine so soon.

There isn't really "requesting a FS letter" they are issued based on OCS class dates, and generally issued a few classes out, if you put that your availability is say March you can request all you want, they will issue when it is in the window.

SRGWML

There isn't really "requesting a FS letter" they are issued based on OCS class dates, and generally issued a few classes out, if you put that your availability is say March you can request all you want, they will issue when it is in the window.

@NavyOffRec - Got a call this morning my letter has been sent to be signed off on. Add to the confusion says 3100/Supply but going to SWO for signatures? Weird...

But recruiter who is still green had no earthly idea... but with the letter ETA probably next week, would they stick me in the November 29 class or perhaps a later date? I know it's probably impossible to tell until it gets here but lordy that'd be a fast turn around.

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec - Got a call this morning my letter has been sent to be signed off on. Add to the confusion says 3100/Supply but going to SWO for signatures? Weird...

But recruiter who is still green had no earthly idea... but with the letter ETA probably next week, would they stick me in the November 29 class or perhaps a later date? I know it's probably impossible to tell until it gets here but lordy that'd be a fast turn around.

"waiting for signature" is a status, that means everything that is required to issue a FS letter is done, a letter can sit in that status for a few days or many months, it just depends on all the other factors that are affecting the class dates available.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
If you got a PRO-Y just enjoy your down time study what you need to study and stay in shape. Also enjoy your bed, once your at OCS all it is standing all day and trying to sleep on uncomfortable beds not knowing what time it is and god forbid you have a roommate that snores and keeps you up.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Anyone else on the OPM backlog? I believe my processor got the last bit of paperwork back in early October, and he told me today that the OPM is still backlogged and he's not sure why.

Got my Final Select letter today.

Swear in the first week of December, ship for OCS February 14th 2016.

It's both exciting and terrifying. Today is almost two years to the day since I first picked up the phone to call the recruiting office. I remain as dedicated to the idea as I was then - more even - but after to years of waiting the prospect of it being so close now is a bit daunting. All the same, I hope to see some of you guys soon.