• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
Any body have any idea the average wait time between receiving a finsel and actually going to OCS?
I know the finsel has a ship date attached, but I was curious to know how long it'd be after receiving that letter and going to OCS is on average.

Armitage

Congratulations for getting your class dates everyone!

For those of you getting January class dates, which Board did your kit initially go through? It seems like there is a pretty wide range within you guys; for some of you it seems like you had your kit in all the way back in July.

irish08slasher

Irishslasher

For those of you getting January class dates, which Board did your kit initially go through? It seems like there is a pretty wide range within you guys; for some of you it seems like you had your kit in all the way back in July.

August 24 SWO Board.

25 September board for me

Outdoorsman

It's not official yet, my OR said my FINSEL still needs a signature, but he said I'm "in the system" for a March 27th OCS class. Definitely nice to at least have some kind of date in the works, we'll see if it changes!

mlc4202

Okay so I am a bit confused about the process after Pro-Rec Y. I'm putting my packet in for the Dec 1st SNA/SNFO board. What happens after getting a pro-rec y before getting a FINSEL? Is it just a matter of waiting or are there additional qualifiers that are determined during this phase, specifically anthropometric measurements? I am very much on the small side, and I would like to know going into OCS if I am not anthropometrically compatible with any pipelines.

Lex Rae

Heard from my recruiter today and she said my FINSEL letter is awaiting a signature and will then be released. I was Pro-Y for SWO from the 24AUG board. Scheduled OCS date of 06 MAR but not finalized yet. I know that my security clearance is still being done, does anyone know if that has to be complete before you can swear in and everything?

exNavyOffRec

Heard from my recruiter today and she said my FINSEL letter is awaiting a signature and will then be released. I was Pro-Y for SWO from the 24AUG board. Scheduled OCS date of 06 MAR but not finalized yet. I know that my security clearance is still being done, does anyone know if that has to be complete before you can swear in and everything?

investigation just has to be open, if it is in process it is open, but FS letters are generally issued around 8 weeks before OCS, that is about 2-3 classes out