• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

bluehens15

I was PROREC Y for the last board (June 2015) still waiting on my Finsel. I am not really all that age critical, I still have a year until age will become a real worry. However, I am curious to what the trick is to get your Finsel? I see some people have waited months and some only days. Also, does anyone know the process in which your OCS class date is selected?
There's no trick. Pretty sure they pick names out of a hat

LadyT

I was PROREC Y for the last board (June 2015) still waiting on my Finsel. I am not really all that age critical, I still have a year until age will become a real worry. However, I am curious to what the trick is to get your Finsel? I see some people have waited months and some only days. Also, does anyone know the process in which your OCS class date is selected?
I really think it is luck of the draw...all depends on what the Navy needs lol.

exNavyOffRec

There are a few factors, what did you put for date available, age critical, AD, and a few others, the other thing is you can really only compare SNA to SNA, SWO to SWO, etc....

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
im patient and can happily wait for my finsel. i just want to know what my class date is going to be so i can start planning and making the many many arrangements i need to make before i leave. things that i need a go date for.

MikeM

At least you're patient man. I'm not right now. I'm ready to get to work. It also doesn't help that some one else at my command who got selected this board was age critical and already got his finsel letter last week.

TheBirdy

pilot
At least you're patient man. I'm not right now. I'm ready to get to work. It also doesn't help that some one else at my command who got selected this board was age critical and already got his finsel letter last week.

I'm the same way as well. Want to start ASAP. Pro Rec'd this past June SNA board. Don't know if this has any effect on a FS, but I had to resubmit my fingerprints and sign off on the e-QIP pages.

bnorman09

I'm the same way as well. Want to start ASAP. Pro Rec'd this past June SNA board. Don't know if this has any effect on a FS, but I had to resubmit my fingerprints and sign off on the e-QIP pages.
Not to sure about the FS but by not having your fingerprints or e-QIP done you cant get the level of clearance you need. Do that ASAP so you can do your interview with someone from the US 10th fleet to get your clearance.

haimehhh

Does NRD have anything to do with receiving your FINSEL? For instance, a fellow AW member, non-prior, non age critical, SNA PRO Y from NRD Jacksonville I'm out of (NRD-LA) received his FINSEL and a Sept OCS date about a week and a half ago.

According to my OR, I was the only SNA PRO Y from Los Angeles for 30JUNE15– would that factor into the equation? I also find that somewhat hard to believe based on the number of folks checking in for that board on here, alone.

exNavyOffRec

Does NRD have anything to do with receiving your FINSEL? For instance, a fellow AW member, non-prior, non age critical, SNA PRO Y from NRD Jacksonville I'm out of (NRD-LA) received his FINSEL and a Sept OCS date about a week and a half ago.

According to my OR, I was the only SNA PRO Y from Los Angeles for 30JUNE15– would that factor into the equation? I also find that somewhat hard to believe based on the number of folks checking in for that board on here, alone.

nothing to do with it, it is all at the NRC level and needs of the USN, and yes sometimes some NRD's get the big goose egg from a board, it is all about the quality of who they are finding