• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

mhunter

None
Hey guys, checking in from the June 30 board,
ProRec-y SNA. Finished with my degree this summer but it doesn't technically get conferred until August. Does the FINSEL process begin and I am eligible to receive my letter once I have my degree, or do I have to show proof of graduation for the FINSEL process to begin?
You have to have your final transcripts sent in showing that your degree has been posted before they will finalize a FINSEL.

mhunter

None
Yes, so the process has begun and I once I hand over my proof of graduation and I can receive a date?
I would say with you being SNA it most likely has begun. Most SNAs I've seen will submit proof of grad and then receive FINSELs pretty quickly. Especially if they have your expected graduation date in your kit (which they should).

My recruiter called me yesterday and told me that I need to sign background documents again because they have expired (2 months). I signed them and sent them to him and my processor yesterday. Today I was told that it will take another 4 weeks minimum after they have recieved the newly signed documents for a background investigation to begin and a FINSEL to be approved. Has anyone else had this happen?

CTunderway

Pro-Rec Y 30JUN15, FINSEL 4AUG15, OCS 6SEP15
Hey guys, checking in from the June 30 board,
ProRec-y SNA. Finished with my degree this summer but it doesn't technically get conferred until August. Does the FINSEL process begin and I am eligible to receive my letter once I have my degree, or do I have to show proof of graduation for the FINSEL process to begin?
I'm not sure how your school works, but I know that I had a snag with my graduation where I was short by like 1 credit, so they wanted me to take another class and blah blah blah. Long story short, I contacted the degree audit office in the registrar's office, they gave me a couple of options for how to take care of that, I jumped through a few hoops, and as soon as they cleared up the discrepancy they processed my degree within about 15 minutes. I just had to demonstrate to them that I had met the requirements, and threw in a bit about why it was important that it be done quickly. You might have some options like that available through your school. There is usually a lot more that they can do if you ask them, and most schools are really afraid of getting a bad wrap whenever the military is involved in any way, because nobody wants to not be 'military friendly'. I mean why would they want to give up all of that GI bill money?

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I'm surprised there aren't more...I mean all it is is three years of reading John Grisham novels culminating in a small test reviewing said novels.

True. It was the class covering A Few Good Men that got me thinking about going back in the Navy as an officer. Mostly because "I want the truth." Little did I know at the time that I "can't handle the truth." Which was very disappointing.

lliesemeyer

I'm not sure how your school works, but I know that I had a snag with my graduation where I was short by like 1 credit, so they wanted me to take another class and blah blah blah. Long story short, I contacted the degree audit office in the registrar's office, they gave me a couple of options for how to take care of that, I jumped through a few hoops, and as soon as they cleared up the discrepancy they processed my degree within about 15 minutes. I just had to demonstrate to them that I had met the requirements, and threw in a bit about why it was important that it be done quickly. You might have some options like that available through your school. There is usually a lot more that they can do if you ask them, and most schools are really afraid of getting a bad wrap whenever the military is involved in any way, because nobody wants to not be 'military friendly'. I mean why would they want to give up all of that GI bill money?
I was in the same exact situation. Seems to be a pickle for me. My recruiter is saying I need the exact language "conferred" which my university will not budge on, but they are willing to say I have completed all my degree requirements, and will be receiving my degree on x date. All of it seems a bit silly to me.

nightflaw

Well it's been a crazy day but looks like I'll be checking out of purgatory early because I just got my FINSEL for SNA. I'll be in the 06 Sept class!! Keep your head up and stay motivated all of you still waiting.
Good god...that is ridiculous. You're not even age critical...

Well congrats man!