• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

jack-o

pilot
Checking into purgatory from the 30 June selection board. Hopefully I'll get my FINSEL soon for SNA. On an interesting note I was a non-select for Air Force previously (March '15) and this morning I got a call saying I was retroactively selected for RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) and was given a class date of 30 October. I declined the offer because I really want to be in an airplane and I don't want to live at Clovis or Nellis. (my brother spent four years at each and hated it). Somehow this is making my purgatory worse...
Flying UAV's on a screen wouldn't even compare to what we'll be doing as SNAs. Good call. The thrill of flying is well...flying.

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
Checking into purgatory from the 30 June selection board. Hopefully I'll get my FINSEL soon for SNA. On an interesting note I was a non-select for Air Force previously (March '15) and this morning I got a call saying I was retroactively selected for RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) and was given a class date of 30 October. I declined the offer because I really want to be in an airplane and I don't want to live at Clovis or Nellis. (my brother spent four years at each and hated it). Somehow this is making my purgatory worse...
Congratulations! Navy is where you want to be anyway!

nightflaw

I looked into the Air Force before contacting the Navy. They didn't have pilot slots and I was offered RPA. No. Thanks.

MemphisBell

pilot
The Air Force didn't select any pilots through OTS for over a year and have recently just started back. However.... The time between being selected to starting pilot training can be 2 years. The navy is usually just under a year from ocs to starting primary which is pretty good.

dahlel

Came to the darkside
pilot
Well it's been a crazy day but looks like I'll be checking out of purgatory early because I just got my FINSEL for SNA. I'll be in the 06 Sept class!! Keep your head up and stay motivated all of you still waiting.

Damn thats fast and you're not aging out soon. Nice luck! Hope I hear something as quick as you did.

lliesemeyer

Hey guys, checking in from the June 30 board,
ProRec-y SNA. Finished with my degree this summer but it doesn't technically get conferred until August. Does the FINSEL process begin and I am eligible to receive my letter once I have my degree, or do I have to show proof of graduation for the FINSEL process to begin?