• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

MemphisBell

pilot
Welcome to the Final Purgatory everyone from the June pilot board. It took me a little over a month to get my final select letter so just hang in there!

ClassyGent23

Get used to seeing the same names around on the board for awhile. For me, just knowing that other people are still waiting from FEB SWO Board is helping with the wait.

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
NFOs are waiting from the October board still right? I don't think I've seen any of us that weren't age critical get FINSEL since then

mhunter

None
NFOs are waiting from the October board still right? I don't think I've seen any of us that weren't age critical get FINSEL since then
I think only a few Oct NFOs are still hanging around. Most are from the Feb board who should be classing up shortly. I'm from Feb and have a tentative date of Oct 18. If there are some from Oct still waiting, it's probably because of transcripts.

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
I think only a few Oct NFOs are still hanging around. Most are from the Feb board who should be classing up shortly. I'm from Feb and have a tentative date of Oct 18. If there are some from Oct still waiting, it's probably because of transcripts.

Oh, well then maybe it'll be a shorter wait than I was expecting, hopefully they'll take some of us April board people with you guys

shadowcat910

I'm still waiting around from Oct. No transcript or any other issues.

Hey everyone,

I just graduated from OCS a couple weeks ago. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I probably won't answer everything, but I'll help where I can.

I've already seen a bunch of questions on packing. First, I'd recommend if you're not sure whether you'll be allowed to have it, bring it. You will not be penalized or punished for bringing "contraband". All that will happen is it will go in your lucky bag with all of the other stuff you're not allowed to have(phones, headphones, etc), and you'll get it back in the 9th week when you hit Candio Phase.

I don't think you need to bring two pairs of shoes for RLP. You can, but I've seen it go both ways where yes you saved 30 minutes of cleaning for 30 bucks, but then the DI doing the inspection gets pissed seeing brand new shoes, thinking you're cheating(even though it's allowed) and tries to find more stuff to hit you on. The only reason you should bring two pairs of shoes, is if you run in minimalist/no support shoes, like altras. For the first week, you'll be standing 12+ hours a day in these shoes. I started to have some serious leg pains because my shoes offered no support, and was lucky that I had brought a second pair. If this is you, bring one pair for wearing all the time the first week, and another for PT for the following 11 weeks.

Definitely bring your own set of towels. Because inspections, and because the issued towels suck.

Up to you whether you want to spend the money on nice boot socks. I did and didn't regret it, but I still got blisters. My hatchmate didn't, and didn't get blisters. Idk.

I wouldn't bother buying blue undershirts to bring. You'll be issued 6, and by the time you might want more, you'll be given a NEX run. Save 3 for RLP though.

You won't be allowed to bring an iron. They sell steamers at the NEX which work wonders for 30 bucks. You may or may not be allowed to buy them, class team dependent.

If you have the ability, I highly recommend driving. But buy a car cover. So much seagull shit.
The travel pay is damn good. Also, for SNAs and SNFOs, if you get OHARP, your travel to your hometown will not be paid for. The only travel that's paid for is to Pensacola whenever you start API. So if you fly, your ticket up to newport is paid for, but your ticket home is not. I assume if you flew straight to Pensacola it'd be paid for, but I have no experience with that. Lucky for me, Atlanta is on the way from Newport to Pensacola, so I'll eventually get reimbursed for the driving I've already done because it's included in the Newport to Pensacola travel pay.

Any other questions?